Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

9 hours ago, DSMITH said:

if someone in the U.S purchased one of these where is the closest repair center if it need service or warranty, would it have to go to the Netherlands for warranty or service, or is their a U.S based service center

The after service and accessories availaibility is currently a downside of the Quest brand, even in Europe . For example I wanted to buy a 9X5 coil for my Q30+ . I never succeeded , the coil is not available in France , and not even in the Netherlands . I hope it will improve with the new V60/V80 models ...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, palzynski said:

The after service and accessories is currently a downside of the Quest brand, even in Europe . For example I wanted to buy a 9X5 coil for my Q30+ . I never succceded , the coil is not available in France , and not even in the Netherlands . I hope it will improve with the new V60/V80 models ...

But alas, you can buy Detech, Mars and Nel coils for your Q30, that alone is a benefit over XP and Minelab, the availability of aftermarket coils.  Hopefully Nel and Mars continue to operate 😞

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

But alas, you can buy Detech, Mars and Nel coils for your Q30, that alone is a benefit over XP and Minelab, the availability of aftermarket coils.  Hopefully Nel and Mars continue to operate 😞

Yes but in case of a detector failure I wonder how it will go , my seller is not very positive about the Quest after service . On the other hand I have never had a pb with either the X5 or the Q30+ , they are very well designed and reliable . This will probably be the same with the new V60/V80 ...

• Like 1

The Gyro-sensor is an attempt to bridge the gap between an experienced detectorist and a newbie.  How?  It takes the need for as much coil control as the older, more experienced detectorists have and sees the ground as they see it.

I think its claims have to exceed reality at this point but just as I type this response on this thread many of the words and phrases are suggested.

• Like 1

Putting rate gyro's / accelerometers in a coil is nothing new, the CTX3030 has one, I'm sure the Manticore will have one. They are very cheap, sub 2 Dollars for a lower spec one.

Detectors use band-pass filters to help seperate the 'target signal' from the 'target plus ground signal' . Think of a hifi graphic equalizer with '330Hz' set to maximum, all the other sliders set to minimum. In the case of a metal detector, the target 'pops-up and disappears' at a predictable rate as you sweep over it. Using a band-pass filter centred on about 10Hz is roughly what works best for a typical sweep speed. But if your swing is slower, a lower freq band-pass filter would be better.
What an inertial sensor like a rate gyro can do, is let the microprocessor brains know how slow/fast your swing is, and automatically optimise the band-pass filtering continuously, to cater for swing-speed variation.

Other uses include:
The CTX3030 has a display mode that shows multiple targets in a line on screen. It needs to know which direction you are sweeping, so it displays the left-to-right correctly.

At the end of every sweep, you reverse coil direction. Sometimes this can cause a false signal. If your machine knew you were reversing sweep direction, it could momentarily reduce sensitivity, giving no falses.

Ground signal pickup obviously varies with coil height - if you coil is 6 inches above the ground, your coil is clearly going to see a lower ground signal. An inertial sensor could in theory measure the up/down wobbles of the coil, and use this to compensate for the (probably) matching ground signal changes. This could help give a more stable auto-ground-tracking function. Or it could reduce ground-signal falses, possibly increasing depth slightly, though use of multi-freq is the primary depth-enhancer, other techniques are just 'fine-tuning' .
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure. Maybe similar to Rutus 71.

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

The after service and accessories availaibility is currently a downside of the Quest brand, even in Europe . For example I wanted to buy a 9X5 coil for my Q30+ . I never succeeded , the coil is not available in France , and not even in the Netherlands . I hope it will improve with the new V60/V80 models ...

You get 2 coils with the V80. Let's hope your issue has been resolved moving forward.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

George - this source says HyperQ (that's original) can transmit from 7khz up to above 80khz, but not 80+ multiple simultaneous frequencies.  It does say it will transmit 5,10,15, 20, 40, and 60 khz simultaneously (where's the 80 khz?).  It also seems they are contradicting themselves a la Minelab's Nox marketing information error on MultiIQ by conflating the multiple individual selectable single frequencies with the HyperQ SMF frequency range, as metal detector designers know that trying to blast 6 frequency waveforms into the ground simultaneously is not necessarily a good SMF implementation.  All the other usual suspects and features are here - that's a good thing - as well as reasonable price points.   Sounds like the Quest "Hype" machine is going full blast. 

All that all being said, I have liked the quality of my Quest accessories and am interested to see what the V60/80 actually bring to the table and like that another manufacturer has entered the simultaneous multi-frequency detector fray (good for competition).

Hyper Q seems to be what has that ability to transmit 80.

19 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

U.S. pricing V80 at $699 ($799 with two coils) and V60 at $599. For reference the Minelab Equinox 600 is $699 and Nokta Legend is $499.

quest-v80-multifrequency-metal-detector-price.jpg

Thats a mega package. Multiple coils and Headphones. Nice.