Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

17 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

George - this source says HyperQ (that's original) can transmit from 7khz up to above 80khz, but not 80+ multiple simultaneous frequencies.  It does say it will transmit 5,10,15, 20, 40, and 60 khz simultaneously (where's the 80 khz?).  It also seems they are contradicting themselves a la Minelab's Nox marketing information error on MultiIQ by conflating the multiple individual selectable single frequencies with the HyperQ SMF frequency range, as metal detector designers know that trying to blast 6 frequency waveforms into the ground simultaneously is not necessarily a good SMF implementation.  All the other usual suspects and features are here - that's a good thing - as well as reasonable price points.   Sounds like the Quest "Hype" machine is going full blast. 

All that all being said, I have liked the quality of my Quest accessories and am interested to see what the V60/80 actually bring to the table and like that another manufacturer has entered the simultaneous multi-frequency detector fray (good for competition).

I think Hyper Q is 80.

Most U tubers are from the UK. Digging for low conductive hammered coins. Different here in the states. I don't do U tube but It's time to go after high conductors. I would imagine you will dig allot of unwanted lower conductors if your new to the scene. I'm not. The "Buzzard Coil" is a great name for " Old Buzzards" like me. Nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope that Quest will make a Big Number (target id) option in a future update for the V80 like XP did for the Deus 2. In my opinion the screen is rather small to display all the parameters. Which results in a smaller target id. 

Greetings from The Netherlands 

Marc

BN.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PimentoUK said:

Putting rate gyro's / accelerometers in a coil is nothing new, the CTX3030 has one, I'm sure the Manticore will have one. They are very cheap, sub 2 Dollars for a lower spec one.

Thanks.  Didn't know it was so simple to have a 'device.'

• Like 1

They are quite commonplace, the low cost has resulted in them being fitted into all manner of gadgets. For example the hand-controllers for Nintendo WII games machines. Simple remote-controlled helicopters / drones use them to maintain level flight, or to stabilise the direction the heli is pointing (yaw control) . Modern cellphones have a load of these sensors in them. Hard-disk makers use them to detect the 'dropped laptop' problem, parking the heads quickly before impact. Image stabilisation of video cameras / camcorders was an early common application in commercial products - the sensors measure the shake/movement of the camera, and the data that is read from the CCD sensor is manipulated accordingly.

https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/semiconductors-ics/ic-sensors/mems-accelerometers?range=inc-in-stock&sort=P_PRICE
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Galaxian2600 said:

I hope that Quest will make a Big Number (target id) option in a future update for the V80 like XP did for the Deus 2. In my opinion the screen is rather small to display all the parameters. Which results in a smaller target id. 

Marc

Small screens are lighter than big ones . I like the V60/V80 compact screen .. Bigger is not always better .. 

Greetings from France ..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DSMITH said:

yeah I was wondering about that, what the heck is a Gyro Sensor

Will make your head spin I guess😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

They are quite commonplace, the low cost has resulted in them being fitted into all manner of gadgets.

My TV remove even has one for its air mouse, I move the cursor around moving the remote around like a Wii Remote.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Galaxian2600 said:

Marc

BN.jpg

7 hours ago, palzynski said:

Small screens are lighter than big ones . I like the V60/V80 compact screen .. Bigger is not always better .. 

Greetings from France ..

When your young.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

When your young.

Actually I just need a good audio and I dont need VDIs , as we have for example coins ranging from 0,5 to 10g over here , then almost all conductivities even low ones can be good targets ... VDIs are not as important here in Europe as they are in the US