Minelab Wall Hanger Trash Can Lid

• The title was changed to Minelab Wall Hanger Trash Can Lid

Yeah come with both the 2000 and early 2100s, two first ones I got worked on one channel only, third worked OK on both channels (no worries ML replaced quickly), they definitely got gold and taught us early on PIs + big coils = big gold deep. The ML plastic 18" replacement was much more reliable. Did not see many users using the small coil in those days, nothing wrong with it just those door stoppers at depth in mineralized ground way beyond the VLF capability was the go. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fun Fact: These were the 1st Nuggetfinder coils! Designed and handmade by Rohan's Dad Barrie for Minelab. I only ever trialed mine with the 2000, too unwieldy for me, left it in the shed.

• Like 5

Many of us joined the 1Koz club in no time behind that rubbish lid, to a certain extent this success was/is being replicated by the GPZ w/. X CC coils more recently. 

• Like 3

On 1/30/2023 at 7:06 PM, Rob Allison said:

Hey Gerry,

When the SD2000 first came out, several old-time electronic prospectors I knew couldn't wait to get this coil and Pulse Induction detector over some deep ground.  One guy I knew that traveled from Arizona, Northern Nevada, California and parts of old Mexico was doing a pound of gold per day with this set up.  He was smart enough to also get on one of the first flights out of the US to Western Australia and got 160 ounces the first season, which he claimed was a short season due to the time he arrived.  

I would guess 10's of 1000's of ounces were picked up in a few years from prospectors across the Globe using the Minelab SD2000 and the Trash Can 18" Mono (Fiberglass) searchcoil.  :biggrin:

I'm sure a lot of it was the right timing, the right ground with the right detector.  

Rob

Very Interesting to hear.  I know of 2 well traveled Electronic Prospectors who were swinging back then.  Would the guys name happen to be Chuck from TX and the other is the famous Pieter H.  I won't devolge the last name.

• Like 1