Minelab Wall Hanger Trash Can Lid

1 hour ago, deathray said:

That was me, Gerry, that posted the ad. Will it work on gp extreme, and is it a double D?

Round wire so I'm sure that means MONO.  It will fit an Extreme though.

• Like 1

Hey Gerry, guessing you, Steve and other old timers will know the answer to this....

The 18 inch coil, that came with the gp extreme, is that a mono or double D? The 11 inch that came with it, is the only coil I have that works good there. I was under the impression, that the 18 was double D too,but Improbably wrong. I bought the detector used years ago, and dude ripped me off on the big coil.

11 minutes ago, deathray said:

Hey Gerry, guessing you, Steve and other old timers will know the answer to this....

The 18 inch coil, that came with the gp extreme, is that a mono or double D? The 11 inch that came with it, is the only coil I have that works good there. I was under the impression, that the 18 was double D too,but Improbably wrong. I bought the detector used years ago, and dude ripped me off on the big coil.

In the USA dealers where shipped GP-Extremes in a big black indestructible hard case and it came with a black 11" DD coil as well as 18" black DD coil as well. (look near the bottom of pic). It was part of the package when purchasing a GP-Extreme. Document_2023-02-05_193347.thumb.jpg.e89c82a72d755a09f77bdc04779aa0bb.jpg

They were DD pseudo MONO coils and did both with the flip of a switch.

• Like 1

Thanks Gerry! I recieved everything but the 18 incher...then it became a heated back n forthon Robs old forum, and out of respect for Rob, I dropoed it. So thats what I thought. Still searching for anyone who has one they want to sell, or may lookat any other bigger DD coils. Im thinking theres more, deeper in my spor, haha.

Hey Deathray,

I don't remember the conversation on my forums, I'm sure it was a long time ago.  Was it about what coils came with the Minelab GP Extreme? Gerry's correct, when purchased new the GP Extreme came with two coils, 11 inch and 18" and they were both DD/Pseduo Mono's.  You also got the black hard case, which was pretty nice if you traveled.  

Thanks Gerry! I recieved everything but the 18 incher...then it became a heated back n forthon Robs old forum, and out of respect for Rob, I dropoed it. So thats what I thought. Still searching for anyone who has one they want to sell, or may lookat any other bigger DD coils. Im thinking theres more, deeper in my spor, haha.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 3:13 PM, Rob Allison said:

Hey Deathray,

I don't remember the conversation on my forums, I'm sure it was a long time ago.  Was it about what coils came with the Minelab GP Extreme? Gerry's correct, when purchased new the GP Extreme came with two coils, 11 inch and 18" and they were both DD/Pseduo Mono's.  You also got the black hard case, which was pretty nice if you traveled.  

I got the case, 11 inch coil. Dude held on to the 18. When I asked him about it, since his ad said with coil, he said send more money, and I will send coil. Ive bought and sold dozens of detectors over the years, first time I had an issue. Probably about 10 years ago.

19 minutes ago, deathray said:

I got the case, 11 inch coil. Dude held on to the 18. When I asked him about it, since his ad said with coil, he said send more money, and I will send coil. Ive bought and sold dozens of detectors over the years, first time I had an issue. Probably about 10 years ago.

Crap, I remember that.  No I wasn't the seller.  LOL.  

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Gerry.

I know this is an OLD post, but do you still have this coil?  If so will it work with an SD 2100v2?  I want to take mine playing on some tailings piles here in Alaska this year & it might be fun to play with.