Hunt Cut Short By Rain, But It Was Worth It

That's a nice hunt. I've found seated's & barber's but haven't found a standing liberty yet. Nice silver.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, matt said:

Wow! Great finds. Like already said by somebody else, how nice having such fantastic places to hunt so close to home. I would be out every day. Actually, I think you hunt almost every day as long as the weather is nice! Thanks for posting all your finds.

Thanks Matt!

I get out as much as I can, and yes, most of my permissions are close. I've been expanding though 😀 today's hunt was a 40 minute drive.

I like showing finds, I'm blessed with places that have a pretty wide array of stuff covering the earliest history to present. Some of my permissions don't have anything new.

I appreciate the encouragement, I always worry I'm putting too much up, but members seem to like it. 🙂 I try to be as honest as possible and describe the difficulty of detecting sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's a nice hunt. I've found seated's & barber's but haven't found a standing liberty yet. Nice silver.

Thanks Rick.

That was the last of the US silver coin categories, Trime, Mercury, seated, standing, walking and barber. I also finally found a few silver Roosevelts. Got a few silver Washingtons too.

Still want to find a flying eagle and a few others, they're out there. 😀 it's really weird I found a Trime my first year... 🤔

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats on the SLQ!!! That's a great day for sure, well done!

Thanks!

Hope you're not getting sick of me, Cap'n 🤣 for 3 hours that was awesome! Didn't care if it rained.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Hell yeah!  There’s probably more out there where you got the slq.  

Thanks NC, it was great to finally find one. I walked a very long way hearing absolutely nothing, and had this premonition that if I went "over there", I'd find something unique. Sure enough. 🥳 A hard won goal. I always follow these thoughts.

• Like 2

Nice that you got your SLQ. They aren't as common as you would think. Barber is more common to find than SLQ. It takes a certain site that is popular during their minting to get more that one SLQ's. And those trimes are even harder to find. A tiny coin for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks NC, it was great to finally find one. I walked a very long way hearing absolutely nothing, and had this premonition that if I went "over there", I'd find something unique. Sure enough. 🥳 A hard won goal. I always follow these thoughts.

I have those “gut” or “hunch” feelings every so often and most of the time they do pay off!  Just the week before last I had about 45 minutes after work before it got dark.  There’s an old spring in the woods about 100 yards from my house.  About 30 yards from the spring is a huge oak tree about 3-4’ in diameter.  Tons of trash around that tree; aluminum pop cans and lots of iron.  Anyways in that short time before it got dark I figured I’d try around the base of that tree one more time.  I used my nox with the six inch coil.  Amongst all the iron and trash signals I got a fairly decent tone ringing up 20-21.  About 3” down was a 189? indian head penny!   My first ihp for the year.  I just had that hunch that there had to be a coin around the base of that tree!

• Like 5

Great finds!  I need an ATV to run the beach like you have a golf cart.  Well I like the walks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1