Hunt Cut Short By Rain, But It Was Worth It

21 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Great finds!  I need an ATV to run the beach like you have a golf cart.  Well I like the walks.

Thanks, believe me I get plenty of walking in, in the winter the cart is a refuge of sorts from the wind too.

Walking with a detector I'd get too distracted getting there, probably never would. 😀

This field is about 200 acres, so just walking across it is at least a half mile, maybe a mile. It's great to zip to the spot and get busy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice that you got your SLQ. They aren't as common as you would think. Barber is more common to find than SLQ. It takes a certain site that is popular during their minting to get more that one SLQ's. And those trimes are even harder to find. A tiny coin for sure.

Got my one and only Barber quarter last year, that was as good a find as this, maybe even better because I could read the date 🤣 there are blanks still to fill in like dimes and such, but I hope I have enough time to do most of it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

I have those “gut” or “hunch” feelings every so often and most of the time they do pay off!

For sure, always follow them. 👍 One led me to a Spanish cob, another to a half Reale.

The only time I shouldn't follow them is going into the treeline, that drop can be really painful 🤣 Ravines everywhere.

• Oh my! 1

Hopefully you will get around to checking a few of those ravine bottoms closer to the old dwellings. There will be stuff there.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 5:51 PM, F350Platinum said:

Thanks!

Hope you're not getting sick of me, Cap'n 🤣 for 3 hours that was awesome! Didn't care if it rained.

No way, man, I enjoy everything you post! I get to see history and places I seldom get to. My wife and I did a trip to Philly, Gettysburg, Manassas, and DC a few years before I got bit by the detector bug. It's probably a good thing I wasn't into detecting then because I'd still be rotting in jail for whipping out a detector on Little Roundtop. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

My wife and I did a trip to Philly, Gettysburg, Manassas, abd DC

Gettysburg was memorable for me, went there in the 60s with my parents. Even then it had a somber aura, almost like there were ghosts. Never forgot it. It was when we moved to Virginia (the first time).

For a long time I had my great grandfather's 1863 Springfield, he got a lot of citations for using it. None after him did military service until I did. Sadly my dad needed money so he sold it to the historical society. 😭

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Gettysburg was memorable for me, went there in the 60s with my parents. Even then it had a somber aura, almost like there were ghosts. Never forgot it. It was when we moved to Virginia (the first time).

For a long time I had my great grandfather's 1863 Springfield, he got a lot of citations for using it. None after him did military service until I did. Sadly my dad needed money so he sold it to the historical society. 😭

So sorry about your '63 Springfield. I went to Gettysburg with my parents when I was about 10 and always wanted to go back. We spent three days there and it is a very somber place. You can feel more than history there, it's extremely moving. Manassas, or Bull Run, had a very similar feel. 

• Like 1