My Take On The Gpx6000 Factory Audio Mod

Aureous

Got my machine back on the dirt today after having the audio mod done. Using the speaker only, it certainly shows a major difference. With the factory BT headphones, there was zero difference, at least to my ears. Coz I got a 'good one' from the start, I think the mod on my 6000 didn't add any benefit to me. I use the factory BT headphones every time. The real benefit from the mod is for videoing your finds and having the speaker do the work lol. The Y axis coil-tilt was still the same, noisy as hell. Hopefully the NF 12x7 mono that I'm supposed to receive tomorrow will add some ACTUAL benefit. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Your experience mirrors mine to a T. I have had a good one from the start, only use the supplied BT phones but early on had a coil failure, it was quickly replaced. When the CT 10 x 5 was available I got one. I do not notice any increase in sensitivity, but it is more maneuverable. I view the update as something that must be done much like a part recall on your car. I bought the detector Nov 21, update was done when I read here JasonG had sent his away, so I have had it back for a few months.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to My Take On The Gpx6000 Factory Audio Mod
3 hours ago, oldcoinhunter said:

Hope you let everyone know if the NF is any better than the 11 inch stock coil. Thanks

I sure will, hopefully I get it today in the mail and I'll post my thoughts here.

• Like 3

What you've basically been able to do is prove they're likely all faulty, as you say yours was a good one and didn't go mental for nothing with headphones, yet even though yours was one of the good ones the fix obviously made a good difference to using the speaker thereby proving your detector too had a problem, just not as bad as some others.

Hopefully over time you start to notice some improvement even when using headphones.

• Like 1