Minelabs Adds Another Huge Sale On Two Classic Detectors

Minelab is responding to the competition with some huge price reductions. 25% off the GPZ-7000 & the SDC-2300 for the month of February. Minelab always seems to come through with a new release or a huge price reduction promotion just when the competition heats up. First it was a free Goldmonster 1000 with the GPZ and now this.

Here’s the newest Pulse Induction or Zero Voltage price lineup for the month of February. Not sure where this will all end up, but glad to see some good changes in the lowering of prices on two classic gold detectors.

GPZ 7000 sale $6375 7.2 lbs

GPX 6000 $5999 4.5 lbs

Axiom $3995 4.2 lbs

Minelab GPX 5000 $3999 6 lbs

SDC 2300 sale $2550 5.3 lbs

Garrett ATX $2379 7.0 lbs

Edited  by Steve Herschbach

• Like 4

Competition is always good for the end customer.  It has always been said that minelab inflated the prices of its rights since they have not had real competition.  Here we have the proof, hopefully this will change from now on, thanks to Garrett and soon with nokta with his gold detector

• Like 4

I was debating on selling my SDC2300, since I don't use it and it has become a backup machine to my 6000.  Now with this price drop on a new one it will be tough to get a fair price on a used one, even a gently used one with few hours like mine.  I might just have to keep it in the event that I start detecting in rivers or creeks.

Wow! 6000 must really be undermining sales of the 7000. Does not surprise me at all. Nor the SDC really. It's way overdue for a more reasonably packaged alternative. Stick an SDC in a real detector housing like I've suggested for years, and Minelab would have a ready made answer to the Axiom. They have done the easiest thing though by just dropping the SDC 2300 to undercut the Axiom by a really nice amount.

I doubt this means 8000 on the way, just shelves full of 7000 not selling due to 6000. Even the SDC is feeling that - I'd never go back to an SDC after swinging a 6000. But everyone with a used GPZ 7000 or SDC 2300 to sell - ouch! Used ones are now also worth 25% less or worse.

People may not know it, but the pandemic created a detector sales bubble, just like happened in other outdoor industries. Now that bubble has popped, and detector sales in general have suffered as a result in many places. There is some of that going on here, and Minelab being a publicly traded company is driven by quarterly results, which have not been good as of late. This is no doubt as much in response to that as anything else.

• Like 8

I can't believe the GPZ 7000, which was $10K when first rolled out, is now selling for $6,375! Did Garrett and other MD Mfgs make a huge impact on :minelab: sales, :minelab: models being discontinued, or :minelab:trying to capture more market share???

Bill

• Like 1

It should be pretty clear to Minelab what customers want, it’s not too late for them to put the 7000 on a diet and get rid of the chip. A 7000 weighing equal to the 6000 with a belt mounted control box using Bluetooth and open to outside coils would quickly put everything back in Minelab’s home court.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Guys,

Being a dealer for over 20 years, you would think with some of these prices the units would be flying out the doors.  The price of gold is nearly $2000 per ounce, but the sales are in the tank across the board.  If you noticed over the last 6 months, they have dropped prices on the Gold Monster 1000, Equinox series, CTX 3030 and now for a limited time you can get a GPZ 7000 or SDC 2300 for 25% off MAP. 

What about the recent, purchase a GPX 6000 and get a FREE Gold Monster 1000 included.  I've never seen this from Minelab.

There has been some new detectors like the Equinox 700 & 900 to reflect the price drop in the prior Equinox series and the new Manticore (if you can get one) for the price drop on the 3030.  Maybe we can expect a new GPZ 8000 to pop out this season, but if it's not much lighter and priced no more than $7999.00 I'm not sure it's going to be a huge seller either.  

Just my personal thoughts, kind of crazy times right now.  Inflation is super high, prices of most good are double if not triple and gas is no cheaper.  I think most people are holding close to their money due to the uncertainty in the World economy.  

Correct me if I'm off base ....

Rob

Your not wrong. Inflation is worse than being reported.  CC interest rates are up. Peoples savings accounts are dwindling as are their budgets.   If the 8000 comes out thats a big if because of the FAA problems. It will have to be pretty stellar in my book.  And not MSRP at 10k as rumored.  I for one will stick to my 6000 unless the 8000 completely blows it out of the water.  All up to minelab at this point, fancy marketing wont get them far.  If it was my company I would delay it and leave it in R&D until this mess subsides.