Minelabs Adds Another Huge Sale On Two Classic Detectors

Gold Ryder,

I agree with you.  I still remember when the GPZ 7000 first came out, priced at $10,000 MAP.  Many were sold, but most were die hard electronic prospectors that just had to have them.  It's wasn't more than a couple of years, maybe less, that the price dropped to $8000.  I have to say, I received many emails/phone calls as customer were frustrated to hear such.  

If the so called GPZ 8000 (if that is what it might be called) is lighter, more sensitive and maintains at least the same amount of depth as the GPZ 7000 now, I might potentially drop $8000 on it, but I honestly can't see paying more.  It seems much more immune to EMI than the GPX 6000 or any previous Minelab PI, which I really like.  

Rob

• Like 7

I think you're all a bit confused, the US has paid far too much for far too long when it comes to Minelab Gold Machines, even at your new discounted prices the GPZ 7000 for example is still cheaper in Australia and New Zealand on our normal pricing that we've had for a long time.  You guys just paid a massive premium for them for some reason, and now that your dollar is so high compared to our currencies then Minelab probably had a few people in high places pointing out they're making a killing on anything they sell to the US customers because of the exchange rate, so they dropped the price a little to bring it back to reality.  I don't think your new GPZ or GPX price is all that good at all, still more than here, I didn't bother checking the others but I'm sure its the same.

• Like 6

It’s likely prices have only just begun to drop, recreational items, cars and boats and as Rob points out expensive metal detectors are not moving the reasons don’t matter that’s a discussion for someplace else, but if a repackaged 7000 much lighter without the chip were released at what is a competitive price to the Axiom and it was profitable for Minelab to do so  Minelab could sell one to every nugget hunter out there just about and do this in just about any economy. cause if it gets as bad as history has recorded this ain’t nuttin, it might take something like a $4K ultra light 7000 just to keep the doors open?

• Like 6

On 1/30/2023 at 6:20 PM, Gold Ryder said:

I for one will stick to my 6000 unless the 8000 completely blows it out of the water.

The Manticore is making people part with their money and sell and/or put the Equinox and others on the shelf.  If a new gold detector could show performance and results (in the depleted gold fields) similar to the buzz associated with the Manticore it would make a few thousand people part with their money to get one.  

The competition (Axiom) is stiff, and margins are shrinking.  It is not a good long term investment to be in Minelab type stocks.  We're coming to an end of an era where a guy like me living in a big city can go out and find some gold nuggets of meaningful size.  Dedicated detectorists will still be after the remaining pockets for decades to come but they will still be using some of the old technology to get at it.

• Like 2

klunker, those are the good voices in your head, good luck when you get out detecting. 

• Like 1