Axiom Cam Locks - Mine Broke!

Yeah, you can tighten to a point, but it is a lever, and if you tighten too far then apply pressure to the lever something will give. How far is too far? When it breaks! Bummer that, I'm sorry yours broke.

For me not running the shaft out to its fullest extension keeps the shaft from wobbling. An inch short of the tab indents is all it takes, but no good if you really need that last inch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Axiom Cam Locks - Mine Broke!

Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Mine lower one has broken as well and I'm trying to find something too replace it with. I'll probably end up send garret an email and see if I can get a replacement under the warranty. I had mine from factory and I never used the allen wrench to tighten it, one day it just broke but I am very careful with it as well. I was also thinking of possibly using my cad skills to design a replacement and then 3d print it out of nylon or carbon fiber. Or maybe just bring tape with me like Steve says 🙂

• Like 1

Just called Garret and spoke with a guy named Rusty, he's an awesome guy and said he'd get a new one sent out to me as soon as possible. I just told him what had happened and even with being only in like 60 degree temps he thought that was kinda strange that it broke but I did leave it from factory and didn't adjust anything. So he said he'd get one out to me and just to tape it in the mean time. Well I hope this helps some of you guys out!!

Heavy Pans!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1