The Manticore's Programs

longbow62

Besides the brief description in the manual I'd like to know how these programs relate to the Equinox programs if at all. What is going on with AT-HC that makes it eat more battery. That makes me think it's not like Park1 on the 800. I don't have enough time on the machine yet but I'm noticing the programs on the Manticore don't act like the programs on my 800. On my 800 programs kind of acted the same, like only frequencies used are different. On the Manticore there seems to be more than just frequency differences. With the 800 honestly all I ever used was Park1&2. I really wish they would add at a Park1&2 to the Manticore. 

I have noticed on the Tarsacci that the battery lasts longer on 18 kHz than 9 kHz, for whatever reason. I can only guess that the MC AT-HC has a lower frequency weighting than other modes or say Park 1 on the 800. Until someone puts a MC on a spectrum analyzer we will not know for sure. Similar information for the Nox 800 showed that all modes transmitted the same frequencies but the different modes processed the return signals differently.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/5451-multi-iq-spectrum-test/#comment-56908

Just a guess, but maybe MC is actually transmitting different frequencies in different modes. Maybe someone with more experience in this area will chime in, but this is my theory.

• Like 3