8 hours ago, Dcraun said:

Nothing like the first time on a new permission. Glad you got to share it with someone that makes it even better!

Thanks, yeah it was a fun day. Now that we're familiar with it, there should be more great finds ahead. Gotta say Chase really got some great stuff! He showed his skill yesterday 👍

5 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Glad you got out with Chase! It's much easier to get a high five for a good find, when you have a friend along!😂 Your a lucky man, in more ways than one!! Love the old celler hole! Maybe a hidden stash amongst the brickwork?🤔  Keep up the good work!! 🤞🍀👍👍

Thanks Joe, high fiving trees hurts a bit 🤣 both Chase and I dug in there a bit, it's mostly nails. New definition of nail salon. 😏

2 hours ago, JCR said:

That is a beautiful site to hunt, Nice finds too. There will be alot more interesting things to discover.  Your button marked Tower is probably an older version of one I found last week. Mine is stamped A J Tower   Boston.   It also has the intact wire loop & back. They were used on Rain Slickers evidently.   Thanks for posting.

And thanks yet again for some background, JCR! Haven't had time to look it up, busy day today. 👍 So pleased I can entertain the "heavy hitters" now and again. 🙂 This area is loaded with cool stuff, just gotta get permission to get your coil over it. 😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Pretty much no foil, no bottle caps, and no pulltabs. To me that's a blessing site. I would much rather have a site with ferrous trash than nonferrous trash.

Thanks!

Funny you should mention that. The first field I hunted alone I found a really trashy "hotspot" that was loaded with all of the above 🤣 didn't have time to search it thoroughly. Noticed it was conveniently out of sight of the house, I will bet that it was a recreation area for the "staff"... This was after all a plantation. Whiskey bottle tops that came in at 91. 🤔

It's going to be a challenge, we got most of the easy finds under bushes and tree roots. 😀

37 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Soft ground envy , the road grader just went by clearing last night's deposit....🙄

Leave no beep behind. Someone lost something  somewhere around there at sometime. 

You'll have a backlog of half the county before long...... 

So all of these places came from the original site's owner telling others about what you did at his place ? 

There's a lesson in your story too .🤔

Treat your permissions like the gold that they are .

May karma be with you both. 

Thanks RVP, the ground was so soft you could just push your shovel in. 👍 Yeah that's pretty much how it goes. I'm an official "Good Ol' Boy" now. 🇺🇲

Little hint here, if Chase graces this post some of the above is quite factual... 😉

• Oh my! 1

Wow, that place looks awesome and a little overwhelming! Well done again picking out the good stuff. I don't think it matters that it was hunted before. There's always something left. It just takes a little research, dedication, persistence, skill, and luck to pull the things others missed and you tick all those boxes, well done!

You know, if you get overwhelmed by the sheer size of all your permissions, maybe you could host the first annual F350 Platinum Invitational Hunt for the Detector Prospector Forum. 😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, that place looks awesome and a little overwhelming! Well done again picking out the good stuff. I don't think it matters that it was hunted before. There's always something left. It just takes a little research, dedication, persistence, skill, and luck to pull the things others missed and you tick all those boxes, well done!

You know, if you get overwhelmed by the sheer size of all your permissions, maybe you could host the first annual F350 Platinum Invitational Hunt for the Detector Prospector Forum. 😉

Ha, I'd have to put up cameras for all the mangy bushwhackers and nighthawks! 😀 Thanks Cap'n, I still have some possibilities and certainties in my back pocket, have to get to the landowners before they pass on or sell it. 😉 Only been turned down once and he was nice about it, family place and all. 🙂

Once you're in, you're in here, a spotless reputation is gospel. 👍

• Like 2