1st Run With The Xceed 12x7 Mono

Aureous

Aureous and Nenod, great reports of the 12x7. Mine will be here in the morning and I will be taking it to my area I found the crystalline nugget. I got 10 from there so far with the 11". This area had been pounded with a couple 7000's. I got one today. Maybe . 3 or . 4 g. The 12x7 should be very interesting in my area. 

• Like 3

Well that answers my questions, now I must order one again.  Thanks.

-- update, delayed my order again for now until I know more about the coils performance over the stock in regards to small gold sensitivity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey phrunt the next few days of hunting with the 12x7 I will show performance on the videos. If it can hit on these nuggets at the depth the caliche is at,  of a foot to 14" then I will be very impressed. Im talking 3/4 gram to 1 gram at 14" .

• Like 1

I got three small nuggets today for the first outing swinging the 12x7 coil. They were all shallow. Loud signal. Very rich and smooth in sound. I knew they were going to be gold. Four targets. First Three were gold, fourth was a tiny bit of iron. All were very shallow. I will get pictures tomorrow night. Two are still sitting in CLR. I like it so far. 

• Like 3

OK, Ive had 3 full days with the 12x7 (23 bits for 2.1gm) and yesterday I got a chance to look at the Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5 on a friends 6000. We marked some targets and cross tested both coils. My take on the 3 coils (11" stock, 12x7 and 10x5) are as follows. 11" stock ML mono now stays in the cupboard unless I need a backup coil. The 12x7 NF mono is now my new standard coil for most outings, it can cover the tasks for going over old workings/tailings and slopes/hillsides and its benefits are amazing quietness and improved sensitivity over the stock coil. I was hitting bits of gold so tiny that it often took 5 minutes to find the specks! 1/2 pinhead sized wasn't uncommon. BUT, the 10x5 Goldhawk was a BIG surprise.... it had ZERO Y axis noise, nuthin at all.... It had the same incredible sensitivity as the 12x7 but a much louder and obvious response. The smaller size and bundle-wound design improved the tiny gold response significantly. My friend is getting C. 10 tiny bits per hour on most flogged old diggings and I can believe it... One of the signals we cross tested with the 12x7, I couldn't hear. It was a flat bit of birdshot but my 6000 with the 12x7 couldn't hear it at Auto 1, and he was hearing it easily with the 10x5 on only manual 4!  A couple meters away he got another clear zap (that I didn't detect) and pulled a micro bit of gold from about 4". 

So, my future sees the 12x7 on my 6000 most of the time, BUT I'll be saving for a 10x5 now in order to hit all the old workings that I know has a sh*tload of tiny gold still present. TBH, I wasn't expecting this, but the Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5  is a killer coil for the tiny shallow gold and its perfectly quiet no matter what angle you use it. No doubt the Xceed 8.5x6 will be similar to the Goldhawk 10x5 in performance but we're gonna have to wait a few months for that. Hope my report helps some people to choose...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Aureous said:

its perfectly quiet no matter what angle you use it

You mentioned that your friend was in manual 4.  Was the quietness still evident in manual 10 and/or Auto +? 

Got a mate who was keen on the NF but that might change his mind  👍

2 minutes ago, Northeast said:

You mentioned that your friend was in manual 4.  Was the quietness still evident in manual 10 and/or Auto +? 

Got a mate who was keen on the NF but that might change his mind  👍

Nah made no difference.....he ran it up to Auto 1 and it was slightly more chirpy on the hot clay but the Y axis noise was still not present. I was very impressed. No doubt the small diameter of the coil has a big influence on this...

• Thanks 1