Methods For Self Correction. What Does A Detectorama Participant Do To Combat Anxious Chasing Low Percentage Signals And The Frustration Accompanying Them?

Slumping on good site. Limited time digging,chasing the bucket and all the things that cause less then efficient digging. Lol

3 trips in a row I've regressed to infancy. Confidence shook and moral gone haha "frustrated and angry at self". I recently found a small batch of gardners around home where written info is bordering none and the stuff existing non definitive. I've spent 5 years in book/interweb scouring with many trips to possible camp locations. 

With the lead found and knowing property owner nsme/history it's 100% atleast a night stop of 1200 va cav. Also read Yankees ransacked so it's visited by the prize dropping folk and been lived on since single digit 1800's. I've detected property for years as well but I was a beginner and it has alot going on to say the least. I once wrote it off as pushed but it's just nails and nail bits. 

Anyway went back with d2 right away had more success then atpro, multik,nox and started pulling mid 1800 flats,Indians and doodads. Then got put in a field found loads of leather rivets,boot cap,gardners came up I got excited and now I only dig iron and wanna wrap this machine around a tree! Talk me out of it and Lay down your own thoughts or experiences lol

Just now, Commonwealthdetector said:

Slumping on good site. Limited time digging,chasing the bucket and all the things that cause less then efficient digging. Lol

3 trips in a row I've regressed to infancy. Confidence shook and moral gone haha "frustrated and angry at self". I recently found a small batch of gardners around home where written info is bordering none and the stuff existing non definitive. I've spent 5 years in book/interweb scouring with many trips to possible camp locations. 

With the lead found and knowing property owner nsme/history it's 100% atleast a night stop of 1200 va cav. Also read Yankees ransacked so it's visited by the prize dropping folk and been lived on since single digit 1800's. I've detected property for years as well but I was a beginner and it has alot going on to say the least. I once wrote it off as pushed but it's just nails and nail bits. 

Anyway went back with d2 right away had more success then atpro, multik,nox and started pulling mid 1800 flats,Indians and doodads. Then got put in a field found loads of leather rivets,boot cap,gardners came up I got excited and now I only dig iron and wanna wrap this machine around a tree! Talk me out of it and Lay down your own thoughts or experiences lol

Oh I'm at the solid or frustrated mentally impatient point of digging what I'd swear to be cw bullet solid hits I've dug confidently so many times calling it and what do I find bulbious rusty nail!:,(

Do pointers fail? Maybe adding to frustration my pointer seems to just beep idk but I've dug through digs recent enough clearing 3/4 nb and cover it only to spot the damn minie ball still laying there. It works fine seemingly but add muddy or pike o dirt plus nb galore and boy it's a struggle

Sorry 

Nb* nails and nail bits

Well, that's a lot, lol! First, have you made any changes to the machine since you started the site, changes in coils, software updates, program tweeks, etc?

Is eveything fully charged?  That sound dumb, but low voltage can make electronics do some strange things.

Have you tried doing some air tests or even test garden tests off of the site? That would help eliminate or expose machine problems.

There is some discussion of the D2 affected by silent EMI which can come or go depending on the source. Maybe do a frequency scan or manually change the frequency at the site. Also try single frequency mode between 10kHz-17kHz and see if anything improves.

These are just some ideas to try. I'm no expert, but when things change drastically at a site you are hitting over and over, look for the possible source of the change. It could be the equipment, the settings, the environment, or it could just be cleaned out.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well, that's a lot, lol! First, have you made any changes to the machine since you started the site, changes in coils, software updates, program tweeks, etc?

Is eveything fully charged?  That sound dumb, but low voltage can make electronics do some strange things.

Have you tried doing some air tests or even test garden tests off of the site? That would help eliminate or expose machine problems.

There is some discussion of the D2 affected by silent EMI which can come or go depending on the source. Maybe do a frequency scan or manually change the frequency at the site. Also try single frequency mode between 10kHz-17kHz and see if anything improves.

These are just some ideas to try. I'm no expert, but when things change drastically at a site you are hitting over and over, look for the possible source of the change. It could be the equipment, the settings, the environment, or it could just be cleaned out.

Hope that helps.

It's a me issue I haven't broken down in mind far enough to handicap myself other then digging 1 way,cracked,broken iffy signals which snowballs into 40 more every hole this happens causing 5 more to follow self depreciation detecting! Sorry I should clearly state the issues all fall between my ears and my desire/long time coming finding of what I know is general w e jones and a camp on a site that's just tip top tough to begin with. It's truly a dig and you'll have several to many bits o metalic in every hole yard to 300yds out in a field it's nutty.

• Like 1

I'm pulling up on a out of state field of dreams atm "grace of God permission 6hrs from home" back to Alabama site and I'm going to attempt keeping my head/mind and shake it off I reckon. Lol update on how this intent plays out in 5,6hrs. Thanks fellas and probly good info to have is I can go from 0 to 1000 in a instant "flawed" so this doesn't lend itself to calm sometimes which no doubt is a huge factor at play 😀 

2 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

It's a me issue I haven't broken down in mind far enough to handicap myself other then digging 1 way,cracked,broken iffy signals which snowballs into 40 more every hole this happens causing 5 more to follow self depreciation detecting! Sorry I should clearly state the issues all fall between my ears and my desire/long time coming finding of what I know is general w e jones and a camp on a site that's just tip top tough to begin with. It's truly a dig and you'll have several to many bits o metalic in every hole yard to 300yds out in a field it's nutty.

Well, too many targets is a good kind of problem to have, LOL! Maybe just shovel everything into a sifter to sort it all out. 😉

Seriously though.  If you’ve hit a site so much that you’re just digging non- ferrous signals, you need to turn your silencer and bottlecap reject both to zero.  Then you will dig nails that sound good.  But that’s what you’re gonna have to do in hopes to find something good intermingled with iron.  

• Like 2