Methods For Self Correction. What Does A Detectorama Participant Do To Combat Anxious Chasing Low Percentage Signals And The Frustration Accompanying Them?

2 of those trips it was extremely muddy too which only adds to frustration. I didn't really consider until your comments made me evaluate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Seriously though.  If you’ve hit a site so much that you’re just digging non- ferrous signals, you need to turn your silencer and bottlecap reject both to zero.  Then you will dig nails that sound good.  But that’s what you’re gonna have to do in hopes to find something good intermingled with iron.  

This is true and it's always been the toughest place I've ever swung. This should be factored more when going probably as I know what it could turn into but I also know it's a only I've swung cw camp plus wealthy 1800 speaking slave owning first few family in county kinda farm so I guess expectations contribute. Darn Shame it seems the square nail watchers dumped the square nail heaven on the grounds. And now that I'm actually thinking slowing down wouldn't hurt lol damnit it sucks when one realizes many many lessons still await!?

7 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well, too many targets is a good kind of problem to have, LOL! Maybe just shovel everything into a sifter to sort it all out. 😉

I wonder about years past trash management that's for sure. I reckon if your not rubber tired who cares right? I'm also very ok with a days digging 1 flat button to be clear I don't get frustrated over finds or lack it's just digging iron on repeat when I'm capable of very high percentage not doing so 🙃! That's the main point I'm usually the ass kicker to non ferrous to ferrous lap everyone on holes guy but the nail put broke me. Lmao

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

This is true and it's always been the toughest place I've ever swung. This should be factored more when going probably as I know what it could turn into but I also know it's a only I've swung cw camp plus wealthy 1800 speaking slave owning first few family in county kinda farm so I guess expectations contribute. Darn Shame it seems the square nail watchers dumped the square nail heaven on the grounds. And now that I'm actually thinking slowing down wouldn't hurt lol damnit it sucks when one realizes many many lessons still await!?

Yes, slowing down is a major factor.  Try roping off a small area and concentrating just on that one small area. Go slow!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Mental detecting funk? Frustrated?? Lost your confidence ??? Best cure is to hang your detector on the wall for a month. Clear your mind. Sip some good bourbon or rye. Or book a detecting trip to the UK. Either one should snap you out of it.

I concur time and pressure on self off cures most alements! 

Boy howdy, 

I kept calm but not easily. 

Al mud is most likely responsible for a few bogged down deaths over the course of history. It's rough and I had it,well all over me self! Lol 

All worth it though as I didn't dig all the nails and nail bits while confirming atleast to myself this place will provide days of something I love for a long time to come. 

I've put so much time at thus spot and I don't even change locations while always digging atleast a cw bullet. Some days from beginning 5 years ago to recent 7/10 and buttons,etc. When NB'S are involved can it be dug out? I'm not so sure when change 5° it lights up.wild

I also can confirm 2 previous anger ridden outings were also rainy,muddy and shitty. Today same and madness was creepin and my wife broke it with a call lol then I realized miserable situation was most 🙃 at blame and I am choosing the miserable situation for fun so such it up. 

Thanks fellas

20230201_003100.jpg

20230201_003132.jpg

• Like 1

I detect in France where some areas are probably more iron trashed than in the US . Looking  to the pic above I see nails , you should never detect nails with the D2 using the factory modes ( except the All metal modes of course like RELIC or GOLD ) , then I suppose that you use a wrong setting or the machine is faulty . Which D2 mode are you using ?

6 hours ago, palzynski said:

I detect in France where some areas are probably more iron trashed than in the US . Looking  to the pic above I see nails , you should never detect nails with the D2 using the factory modes ( except the All metal modes of course like RELIC or GOLD ) , then I suppose that you use a wrong setting or the machine is faulty . Which D2 mode are you using ?

Well sir you are mistaken or my nails and nail bits are really special. I'm gonna hoard em up now your telling me they must be the only one d2 hits!? Lol 😆. To each his own and thanks for input. My experience is 6.8 disc all programs,sil 0, bc 2 usually any bent,bulbous will high tone but broken atleast one way mostly. Yes with patience you can eliminate much iron collection but without patience and with frustration you'll have a mtn of it. Same with most machines. D2 is imo best atleast trumps last generation. IMHO but I'm a simple pleb

• Like 2

Guys I left out I never run IA. This could contribute to iron sniffing surely. As I said though I've hunted same sights and dig basic detecto how to be successful detecting such things as calm 2 way signal digging and walk away from broken forced tones plenty o rounds. Dig little iron,NB's this way but when basics breakdown for whatever reason trust me "I know guys,I know yuns know" like tn said hardware store is about to happen. Lol