Anyone Know Were To Get The Kruzer Internal Battery?

kac

Flat pack Lipo LP-904085, 3.7v, 3700mAh

85mm including wrapper x 38mm x 10mm

Seen some on ebay but they are in the UK. Amazon doesn't have them and trying to avoid the slow boat from China via Aliexpress.

• Like 1

Maybe Andy at the Nokta repair center can get you one.

• Like 3

Emailed Andy, waiting for response back.

One thing I hate about the new machines is that stupid internal battery system.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well, on the 4th attempt to get an answer if I can get an internal battery for the Multi Kruzer from USA support and seems to fall on deaf ears.

• Sad 1

I’m surprised. Did you try to contact Andy by telephone also?

Not on phone been busy but did email him. Maybe I can't get the battery? Hate to think the machine is a throw away because it has an internal battery.

• Confused 1
  • Oh my! 1

Size 904085 means the dimensions are 9.0 x 40 x 85 mm.
"90" indicates thickness in tenth of mm, so 9.0mm thick
"40" indicates width in mm
"85" indicates length in mm
So as an 'emergency measure' , you could fit a smaller cell in its place, such as a thinner one, with the same L & W, or one the correct thickness, and width, but shorter in length. Obviously a smaller cell will have a smaller capacity and correspondingly shorter runtime. I've no idea what runtimes on this machine are, so can't say how small you could go and still have a useable machine.
Original spec is nominally 3700 mAh I believe?

One possible candidate is 804070 size, which appears to be used in some computer gadgetry. I see they are listed on US eBay, US stockist. ( they are 2600 mAh, about 70% of the capacity of the original )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175146369695

The seller of the above also has a 104080 ( 10 x 40 x 80mm ) , if you think 10mm thick could be squeezed in, it would be a good substitute, as it's 4000 mAh capacity

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174763350067

• Like 3

Part is LP-904085 3700MhA 3.7v

Dimensions: 85mm x 38mm  x 10mm

Only place I could find them was on Aliexpress that had that number and size. It seems that the same part number comes in different proportions. Good possibility this particular one is discontinued.

Other option is to see if I can run the unit without the internal battery and use the external pod only. Might need to put in a jumper on the connector but don't know.

• Like 1