Anyone Know Were To Get The Kruzer Internal Battery?

kac

On 2/22/2023 at 4:46 AM, PimentoUK said:

Size 904085 means the dimensions are 9.0 x 40 x 85 mm.
"90" indicates thickness in tenth of mm, so 9.0mm thick
"40" indicates width in mm
"85" indicates length in mm
So as an 'emergency measure' , you could fit a smaller cell in its place, such as a thinner one, with the same L & W, or one the correct thickness, and width, but shorter in length. Obviously a smaller cell will have a smaller capacity and correspondingly shorter runtime. I've no idea what runtimes on this machine are, so can't say how small you could go and still have a useable machine.
Original spec is nominally 3700 mAh I believe?

One possible candidate is 804070 size, which appears to be used in some computer gadgetry. I see they are listed on US eBay, US stockist. ( they are 2600 mAh, about 70% of the capacity of the original )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175146369695

The seller of the above also has a 104080 ( 10 x 40 x 80mm ) , if you think 10mm thick could be squeezed in, it would be a good substitute, as it's 4000 mAh capacity

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174763350067

Thanks that makes sense. I'll open it up again and measure how much room I have inside. The thickness is a little critical as they have a rubber strap that holds it inside and there is a thermal sensor that sits on the battery so if it gets too hot the machine will automatically shut down.

I am more inclined to just remove the internal battery and use the external pod only instead. What I have to figure out is if I remove the internal battery and there is nothing on the terminal pins will the machine see the external battery? I say that because if my external battery runs out the machine will not turn on unless I disconnect the pod from the control box and only then will it start again using the internal battery.

My guess it might just work fine and if not maybe put a jumper across the terminals inside. Hate popping this machine apart too many times as the frame only has screws going into plastic, no threaded inserts so I need to be careful not to strip any of them out. Machine has already had a leak which was disappointing.

Still not happy with the way Nokta discontinues a product and scrubs support for older products. What happens few years down the road with the newer machines? No matter probably my last Nokta products, time for couple of band-aids and move on.

• Sad 1

Yeah Kac, I'd say that they need to balance out their US service center a "bit" better for sure, to accommodate aging units, and keep up with current ones!

Even if a detector company is out of business, or has discontinued a  model, there is enough demand for someone to profit from machine repairs on a small scale! Specific parts (ie circuit boards and software), not withstanding!! White's and Tesoro's, among others, are still very popular, and sought after!! Love to keep them in the hunt!🍀👍👍

• Like 1

Have a Kruzer coming. Will be upgrading the battery with this. Will have to save the connection off old battery to use on the new battery.

Might get a few more hours out of the machine upgrading to a 4000 MAh battery vs the 3700 MHh baterry that machine comes with. The dimensions are just slightly different but should easily work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OregonGregg said:

Have a Kruzer coming. Will be upgrading the battery with this. Will have to save the connection off old battery to use on the new battery.

Might get a few more hours out of the machine upgrading to a 4000 MAh battery vs the 3700 MHh baterry that machine comes with. The dimensions are just slightly different but should easily work.

Funny Joe sent me a message on this battery and I had just ordered one earlier! Didn't see that one before on ebay.

Not sure if you took yours apart yet but they don't have threaded inserts so be careful not to strip the plastic.

Popping it apart is easy but do it evenly as there is a pin rail connecting the display/control board to the circuits that are mounted on back half. Old battery is double face taped and has a rubber strap holding it in place.. There is also a thermal sensor you need to tape onto the new battery.

• Haha 1

Installed new batterand it powers up fine, taking a charge and seems to be good to go.

69958346843__FC3246DB-7E60-4364-8029-258BF67F3418.thumb.JPG.8f77dec69000d40ebacc30193466f619.JPG

69958358677__D6BDBC32-5CAA-4C1F-AA5E-AC35DEE6CBFF.thumb.JPG.e6dee19740d546c296f8310cfa30d4c0.JPG

69958372424__0B952AAA-0AFD-4666-BABE-D1E94D5735C3.thumb.JPG.4bace84278ffdcfad02e98f3b92e3eb3.JPG

69958382634__BB697033-79AD-4AB5-B05B-5FEFEA55629F.thumb.JPG.e4600784e28aff87249663f4715d1590.JPG

69958387736__39CB702C-E4DB-477F-8DFA-7348805AF72C.thumb.JPG.3f6f8de1e1296cd5665b3d6cfe8c5bb9.JPG

• Like 4

Nice to see that alternative Li cell fitted in OK, good work.

Keep the old cell, the protection PCB is re-purposable. Any single unprotected Li cell could be wired up to it, to create a protected one.

[ As the Geotech1 Forum is currently accessible, I will promote a thread on it about E-cigarettes/Vape devices, especially disposable types. Useable, fully-rechargeable Li cells can be salvaged from these heavily-littered items.]

https://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum/technology/general-electronics/16907-e-cigs-vape-pens-puff-bars-trash-tech

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, PimentoUK said:

Nice to see that alternative Li cell fitted in OK, good work.

Keep the old cell, the protection PCB is re-purposable. Any single unprotected Li cell could be wired up to it, to create a protected one.

[ As the Geotech1 Forum is currently accessible, I will promote a thread on it about E-cigarettes/Vape devices, especially disposable types. Useable, fully-rechargeable Li cells can be salvaged from these heavily-littered items.]

https://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum/technology/general-electronics/16907-e-cigs-vape-pens-puff-bars-trash-tech

Thats a really good idea, never thought about the vapes, I usually dig them and toss in rubbish to get them out of the parks.

I did save the battery as it still works and thought I might jinx myself if I tossed it. New battery definitely lasting a lot longer.