Not Another Deus 2 Comparison Video!

CPT_GhostLight

This was one of the videos that cemented my appreciation of full tones, but being forced to use them with the bone phones was first 😀 well the one he did a couple weeks ago 🤔

I've written it before and will write again that the D2 is a heavyweight contender despite its being the lightest of all - still. The more I use it in all its  variations the more I like it. That sounded like PWM full tones if I'm not mistaken?

Just thought of using the 9" coil on the lower alone for some places, like in heavy growth or cellar holes. Got a few spots where that will be handy.

Of course a 10x5 would be nice 🙄 🤣

• Like 6

I used Full Tones for the couple of years with my D1 and liked it. Then I started using Pitch and Multitones. Now 10 years later, Full Tones to me is like nails on a chalkboard. 😁 But if it will put more finds in my pouch, I'll learn to like it again.😉

• Like 2

Try changing to square/full tones if you don't like the scratchy PWM. This was confusing to me for a bit. Square audio is the alternative to it in the option menu. Then go to discrimination/expert, and change tones to full tones. Some like pitch, some like full. Even though PWM/Pitch is the native "language" of the D2, full tones is quite expressive and indicates depth by amplitude, or how quiet or loud the tone is.

I'm definitely not saying it's better, but if you're musically inclined like me it's preferable to scratchy dissonance, like a muted violin string.

• Like 4

Gary uses PWM Full Tones, but it sounds sweeter than the V0.71 version in this video to me. I like the PWM Full Tones and have been using Pitch in PWM too and I'm beginning to hear the subtle differences. I still love Pitch in Square tones, but I think there are more clues in PWM, but I'm still learning.

• Like 3

I used Pitch in Square Tones on my last couple of hunts CPT and liked it. I can't make a judgement at this point on whether I think for me it offers more audio clues than PWM. Because Pitch in Square Tones is new to me, I am paying closer attention to the audio. It might be the fact I am paying closer attention because it is new, is the reason I put a few more iron masked targets in my finds bag. 😉 

It's funny, I do think that is a real phenomenom. I'll try a new program or settings and I defintiely will pay more attention. Maybe that's the key to detecting. Mix it up and don't get complacent! 😁 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

I used Pitch in Square Tones on my last couple of hunts CPT and liked it. I can't make a judgement at this point on whether I think for me it offers more audio clues than PWM. Because Pitch in Square Tones is new to me, I am paying closer attention to the audio. It might be the fact I am paying closer attention because it is new, is the reason I put a few more iron masked targets in my finds bag. 😉 

It's funny, I do think that is a real phenomenom. I'll try a new program or settings and I defintiely will pay more attention. Maybe that's the key to detecting. Mix it up and don't get complacent! 😁 

Spot on Lodge Scent, I think you nailed it!

I started with Pitch in Square tones because it sounds so good. Reminds me of my Nox. Problem is now everything in Pitch Square sounds good. When I switched over to PWM, I started paying closer attention and finds went up. Now I'm comfortable enough with the D2 that I'm trying many more programs and sounds and it is opening up my mind and my finds. 😎

• Like 3