Missing Radioactive Capsule .... Found

Glad to hear about it being found thanks for the update!

Just so glad that no Kangaroo didn't pick it up and run through a major city with it. That would have been very bad for the kangaroo. He would have been put on the no fly list and branded a terrorist for sure.

Just kidding.

• Haha 3

Oh good…..I can stop inspecting the tyre tread for the missing culprit…..as we were advised to do 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

😋  It was detected (hear that Minelab) at least 2 meters off the road from a vehicle travelling at 67 Km/hour from the road. I want the gold version of their detector. 🤑

Note 4 of the capsules can sit on a 10¢ Aus or a $¼ US 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

It was found not too far from its starting point. so much for expert packaging and transfer.😡

WA Emergency Services Minister Stephen Dawson said it was found about 50 kilometres south of Newman this morning. The complete trip was 1400 Km   More info.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-01/australian-radioactive-capsule-found-in-wa-outback-rio-tinto/101917828

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

😋  It was detected (hear that Minelab) at least 2 meters of the road from a vehicle travelling at 67 Km/hour from the road. I want the gold version of their detector. 🤑

Note 4 of the capsules can sit on a 10¢ Aus or a $¼ US 

GJ geiger detector? The full story and nothing but the full story please.😉

• Haha 1

I'll be interested reading the results of the investigation.  Normally (as in 'always') this would be kept inside a heavy container -- lead lined box or bowling ball size container of iron, etc..  What the hell, was it just sitting on the flatbed of a truck, bouncing around?  Maybe it was in someone's pocket and they stopped to take a leak....  Now people can argue whether the 6000 or 7000 would be better at finding it.  😎

• Like 1