Youtubers That Damage Silver Coins...

On 2/4/2023 at 6:40 AM, Daniel Tn said:

It's not an attitude or state of mind. Having a different mindset doesn't magically make what isn't there just appear. You must not know much about rural Tennessee and its history.  

Mindset is a better word but I completely disagree. Believing that there are good targets to be found will lead to more finds than thinking nothing is there. We have the same dirt-poor cellar holes up here dating all the way back to the early 1600's. Every one of those households had coins. Thinking positive thoughts will keep you going longer and looking in places that you might not otherwise consider if thinking negatively. Coins dropped in snow/leaves or darkness were lost for good. Drunkenness, fighting, getting on and off your horse, building stone walls are good ways to loose a coin. Often the safest place to keep money was either on your person or buried in the ground. Those are positive thoughts.

• Like 3

I have the same thing going on here in rural ancient VA. People didn't have a lot of money, their wealth was measured in land.

However, I'm getting better at reading the land (and using maps and research technology), so silver is turning up. Even found a very old gold ring in excellent shape. I agree with both of you. 👍

You have to put in a lot of time, and expect to get skunked sometimes. The good finds are delicious. 🙂20230129_103930.thumb.jpg.b2e4886d9734ebbed64826a71c6fb312.jpg20221201_170702.thumb.jpg.80e80e1d1441313b4fdfaad6a9776982.jpg20230114_221643.thumb.jpg.84499228a4ba84b88718246b8b3db0b5.jpg

• Like 4

These days, I seem to get skunked about 8 out of 10 hunts, but I know the stuff is out there.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1