Beach Mode For Park Cherry Picking With Far More Accurate Id's On The Manticore

phrunt

I perhaps have given the wrong impression, the Manticore would be awesome on gold nuggets, not all much different to the Equinox 800, I'm just talking about really pushing the envelope type tiny gold that detectors like the Gold Bug 2 are pushing their boundaries on too, that's where I think so far the Equinox will be beating the Manticore.  Unless you're chasing the smallest of small flakes it probably makes no difference, in fact for all I know once they get bigger the Manticore may quickly take the lead, it sure does on coin size target depth.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/3/2023 at 10:19 PM, phrunt said:

I found the lower the sensitivity goes the more stable my ID's get

Imho the 800 behaves similar - it just doesn't pick up so much small stuff and mineralisation. Less is often more and makes the bigger, good stuff shine through. First year I only ran it with sens 16-18 and found more coins than ever after, including surprisingly deep stuff.

I also often run the 800 in beach1 on the field - got laughed at for doing so by some people - but it handles sparky ground way better in beach mode imho. If I get a lot of falsing, I at least try beach mode once, to see if it does any better.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...