Minelab GPX 5000 Pro Pack

Not a big deal but I pass on news when I see it. Minelab is now packaging some popular options along with the GPX 5000 which might be a good deal for anyone who actually wants those extra items.

The Minelab GPX 5000 at MAP (minimum advertised price) of $5795 includes:

• GPX 5000
• Harness
• Headphones
• 11" Monoloop Coil
• 11" Double D Coil

• Battery and battery cable

The Minelab GPX 5000 Pro Pack for MAP $5975 ($180 more) also includes:

• 15" x 12" Monoloop Coil
• Lower Shaft (spare)
• PRO-FIND 25 Pinpointer
• GPX Coil Wear Kit
• GPX Armrest Wear Kit
• Minelab Carry Bag

The 15" x 12" mono coil is a great accessory coil that by itself has a MAP of $366 so this really is a good deal if you were planning on getting these items anyway. I have a GPX 5000 already but if I was getting a new one this would be the package I would get. Any dealer offered free stuff would be on top of this so look out for anyone trying to tell you they are tossing this stuff in to make the sale.

post-1-0-86237100-1399582652_thumb.jpg

Steve

I had just looked at Minelab site yesterday and seen the pro pack. I didn't know that was something new that Minelab was offering. If you could get this package plus the package like Rob offers then you may have hit gold without going out.

Now could it be that Minelab got a soft heart or the GPX 5000 has reach it's saturation point. Just maybe Minelab needs to move the 5000 to make room for the 5500. I guess you could say that's a 6000 dollar question.

Chuck Anders

The Pro-Swing Harness is included and it is GREAT.

ML's parent company has a $54M inventory which they REALLY need to get rid of. Now is a good time to buy - and remember "MAP" or Minimum Advertised Price doesn't mean minimum retail price. It will sell for whatever price you and an eager dealer agree on!

If Minelab is as said over stock then take the fixed price off the GPX 5000. Let each dealer say how much profit they want. I know now some dealers are willing to do that now but if founded out they won't have a Minelab dealership anymore.

Steve

You said something about just maybe getting the Sierra Pulse Pro well is your thinking still going that way?? If you do will you please let me know what you think of it. If can I may try and get one. That 3 pound PI sounds good for the money.

Chuck Anders .

My bad. The Pro Swing is great!

It's gonna take a lot of sales to,shift $50M or so of inventory, but maybe a lot of it is Codan radio stuff - who knows and Codan's not saying.

In any event, Federal law - I think- makes it illegal for manufacturers to set retail prices and dealers are free to sell for any price they want. Restrictions on where they can sell are legal, so - if you want a good deal on new ML start with the most responsible and knowledgable dealers and see what you can work out.

The GPX 5000 remains for now and for the foreseeable future the absolute top gold nugget detector, so,if that's what you need, now might be a good time to buy.

Steve

You said something about just maybe getting the Sierra Pulse Pro well is your thinking still going that way?? If you do will you please let me know what you think of it. If can I may try and get one. That 3 pound PI sounds good for the money.

Chuck Anders .

Hi Chuck,

I would not mind getting one but I am really busy right now and White's does not seem anxious to actually sell them. The whole have to jump in the car and go find a dealer who has one to buy it face to face thing is getting annoying. Guess I have until end of month to decide.