Can I Have A Pace Maker And Go Detecting?

JRJR

• The title was changed to Can I Have A Pace Maker And Go Detecting?

I do, had one since 2012. I was in the lucky 2% of people who ablations for SVT didn't work. 😡 I completely understand your concerns, and yes you should ask the electrocardiologist. I will tell you they don't generally know much about metal detectors except the machines at airports. You'll be learning the phrase "Tengo Marcapasos" for that. 🙂

I go detecting anywhere from 2-5 times a week for almost 3 years no problem. I wouldn't recommend detecting or pinpointing your pacemaker, but that's about it. 🙂 My doctor says detecting is doing me good. He couldn't be more thrilled that I get that much low impact exercise.

• Like 6

I dont have a pacemaker but from the replies back it looks to be totally safe,but your doctor i would have though would have been the final and authoritative person to ask for advice to be on the complete safe side.

• 2 weeks later...

At times all of us could use one. The day you dig a old and rare coin you will need something to settle your heart ❤️ down.

My mother has had one after a triple bypass at 80 and now pushing 101 this year.

The best to you and don’t look back.

Chuck 

• Like 1