A Couple Of Beach Hunts With The Manticore

I have only done 4 beach hunts with the Manticore and while I’ve done decent I still prefer the Equinox. I’ve tried using the ID map but I honestly I don’t trust it so I go more by the sounds and numbers. The detector feels light and easy to swing. I like the rubberized portion on the front of the grip. The equinox didn’t have this and it made it really slippery when it got wet so I had to put some of the baseball bat tape on it. I hate the fact that you need to run the back light really high to see it during the day time, I have mine set around 80%. The first time I ran the detector I hated it, but once I got home I started thinking about the problem. I remembered I wasn’t running it in all metal so the audio wasn’t to my liking. After switching it to all metal things are much better now. Just like a few others have mention I’m not a fan of the expanded TID. Overall I like the detector but I don’t know if it’s worth the money or if it’s even that much better than the Equinox, only time will tell.

Yesterday I went out for hunt and my headphones wouldn’t turn on. I had to do the hunt using the back speaker and it was a PITA. I got home and tried charging the headphones using different cables and adapters but nothing works, even the charging light doesn’t come on. I can only run the headphones if I plug them with the cable provided.

The TID’s for the 3 rings on the last hunt, starting from the left are 11/12, 52 and 22. 

The pictures are not in the right order. The middle one is my first time out and the top one is my second time. The third time out I didn’t get anything good since it was way too sanded in.

5C94E856-3B3A-4083-92B3-AA1617E5D05C.jpeg

561F4184-5EC1-44D3-94E0-5C6B69FFB095.jpeg

71383164-7CF9-4E15-8B4A-97540C134362.jpeg

• Like 4

You've done a lot better than me on my first 4 hunts. I only go for 3 hours but have many other detectorists to compete with. My beaches have been picked over pretty well during the slow tourist months lately. Water temp was 66 today, so still not many people swimming. 

To get that many coins and with 3 rings on the same hunt is rare down here.