Manticore Beach Finds

Approaching 40 hours beach hunting with the Manticore . Starting to like the machine and have some faith in it .  Still using stock programs as I consider myself to be a babe in the woods still with this machine .  Reread the manual last night and it all makes more sense now so will start playing with a few settings .  I am really liking Beach Deep , with the All Metal horseshoe on . All  Metal is giving me plenty of info about bottle tops , to the point now that I really don't have to dig any more of them . Depth on the beach is great , and battery life is good with 5 hour hunts barely moving the battery level indicator . Would feel even more confident about the machine if I could just blood it with some gold  but it's pretty scarce around here .

Photos of various hunt results .

P1010571.JPG

P1010573.JPG

P1010574.JPG

P1010575.JPG

P1010576.JPG

P1010580.JPG

P1010578 (2).JPG

P1010578.JPG

P1010581.JPG

P1010583 - Copy.JPG

P1010585.JPG

P1010587.JPG

• Like 9

Lookin' good....gold will come for you I hope. It's tuff passing up those sinkers, huh? Try prospecting audio theme if you haven't already along with your Beach Deep. I like it, but run Beach Low Conductors.

I have experimented with Deep, but NASA Tom says for wet sand he uses Low Conductors so I keep thinking he must have his reasons for not using Deep instead. Who knows. I may switch it up some more, still getting familiar with the options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Lookin' good....gold will come for you I hope. It's tuff passing up those sinkers, huh? Try prospecting audio theme if you haven't already along with your Beach Deep. I like it, but run Beach Low Conductors.

I have experimented with Deep, but NASA Tom says for wet sand he uses Low Conductors so I keep thinking he must have his reasons for not using Deep instead. Who knows. I may switch it up some more, still getting familiar with the options.

Thanks . Have not tried Beach low conductors yet , only high and deep .  I hunt wet sand mostly and even ventured out into knee deep surf using Beach deep and still finding it usable , a bit noisy but real targets stand out .  Will try your audio suggestion . Plenty of learning left in this machine yet !