New Smf Quest V80 And V60 Detectors

Matt4gold

It's nice they attribute a lot of the performance enhancements and benefits to the latest hardware it's built upon, credit where credit is due.  I wasn't going to buy anymore detectors in the near future if at all, I am seriously over buying a detector for minuscule improvements if any, and often even worse performance than older models but this Quest v80 is really perking up my ears, I may not be able to resist, they even have a local dealer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's nice they attribute a lot of the performance enhancements and benefits to the latest hardware it's built upon, credit where credit is due.  I wasn't going to buy anymore detectors in the near future if at all, I am seriously over buying a detector for minuscule improvements if any, and often even worse performance than older models but this Quest v80 is really perking up my ears, I may not be able to resist, they even have a local dealer.

i HEAR what you are saying phrunt, I am vary interested in the V80, I have read everything about it several times, and each time I read through things I notice something I have missed each time, I just hope it comes out as good as it sounds, we shall see, I keep telling myself I do not need any more detectors LOL, but we know how that goes, the V80 peaked my interest when I first read about it, I had my order in for a Manticore but the longer i waited, the more I lost interest, I ended up cancelling my order for the Manticore, I do have my name on a list to get the V80 though

On 2/21/2023 at 11:47 PM, relicmeister said:

What US dealers are going to sell the Quest V60 and V80 packages?

You might contact Serious Detecting.  They sell some Quest detectors.

On 2/21/2023 at 11:47 PM, relicmeister said:

...Could someone explain to me what is the “ dongle”...?

'Receiver dongle'?  I assume something like the WM08 reciever module on the ML Equinox 800 to allow you to connect headphones/earbuds of your choice.

• Like 1

I just text serious detecting letting them know the interest on the V 80 here and ask for whoever to come over to maybe add more of what we’ve heard .

True field testing is going to tell what we all want to know . That’s just a lot of talk are the detector can talk for it’s self bye showing what it’s got.

Chuck 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 1:14 AM, DSMITH said:

The Main differences is the V80 runs 80 KHz in Hyper Q (Multi F) both the V80 and the V60 runs the same coils, the V60 is the same as the V80 but only runs up to 60 KHz 

Just a note to clarify/correct the statement in bold above:  I have been unable to find any documentation that explicitly states that Hyper Q Multi F (i.e., 7 - 80khz range) is not the same on both the V60 and V80 (although the model numbers might imply that there is a difference).  Furthermore,  I have confirmed with a trusted tester of the V80, that similar to Multi-IQ on the Minelab Equinox 700/900  (or legacy Equinox 600/800), the Hyper Q Multi F implementation is identical on both detectors (i.e., they will both operate up to 80 khz while operating in Hyper Q Multi F) while the V60 is limited in other ways such as with the range of single frequency settings (see below), total programs, iron volume levels, and tone selection.  The V60 also uses an aluminum vice CF shaft and does not include the universal wireless receiver (dongle).

V60 has 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 khz selectable single frequencies

V80 has 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 and 60 khz selectable single frequencies

I think some ambiguity/imprecision in the way Quest refers to Hyper Q and the individual selectable single frequencies in their written literature and also some spokesperson misstatements in their demonstration videos contribute to this confusion.

SmartSelect_20230226_151947_Chrome.thumb.png.3dfe30ea71030b6476f6fb764225e2dd.png

SmartSelect_20230227_115515_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aca560d6af66cb08b65a780f66cdbbd3.jpg

Other than the minor clarification above @DSMITH's previous post, linked below, accurately summarizes all the specs and spec differences on the V60/V80 as grabbed directly from Quest.

• Like 2