New Minelab X-Terra Pro?

PUHH

That's so bizarre, it looks like it might be genuine.

It's so much like an Equinox 700/900 in design yet it's not multi-IQ, just switchable single frequency so it's going for the lower end of the market, perhaps to combat the Simplex price range.   It looks like it would be priced above the Vanquish being waterproof and a better build quality yet I think I'd rather use a Vanquish to get multi-IQ.

I first thought maybe some sort of clone as the Chinese cloners duplicated the X-terra 705 near perfectly some time ago but it really looks like it's a new model. 

They're saying salt water capability too, on a single frequency machine who knows.

Maybe it's coming in when the Equinox 600 and 800 get discontinued when stock runs out.  I just can't see where it would fit in price wise to the range.

Can't see any obvious spelling errors on the box to indicate a fake 🙂

At least it's a detector I don't need to buy, that's a relief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like the rectangular telescopic shaft , the stems dont rotate when you adjust them , I wonder why ML has not used this design for the MCore or Equinox 700/900 btw ...

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The answer may lie in the supposed Pro-Switch trademark. Can anyone find where Minelab has applied for a trademark on that term? A brief Google search on my part came up dry.

Trying that too but nothing yet.  Seems like a backward move without SMF.  Go-find deluxe🙂

From Wikipedia:

Taobao (Chinese: 淘宝; simplified Chinese: 淘宝; traditional Chinese: 淘寶; pinyin: Táobǎo) is a Chinese online shopping platform. It is headquartered in Hangzhou and is owned by Alibaba.

Alibaba?  Seems I've seen that name here before....

So instead of an annoucement to the world, Minelab chose to quietly provide a new consumer detector exclusively(?) to a mega-sales site in China.  (Was there anything about this even hinted in the periodic Codan investor reports?)

Where's my veracity meter?  It's around here somewhere....  I'll have to get back to you when I find it.

If it is a fake they've put a lot more effort in than normal, they have written software based upon the Nox software by the looks of it to run the thing.

I like the little Notching bar across the top, the full scale of target ID's like the Nox 900 too.

Minelab have got a lot to worry about if they're doing fakes like this, if it performs reasonably well they'll market it to the right countries at the right price and sell a lot of them.

If its a real test one or something leaked it's a puzzle where it fits into their lineup.

The shaft shape is a copy of the Vanquish, much better idea than a round shaft I think.  Don't know why they insist of doing round.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to New Minelab X-terra Pro?
  • The title was changed to New Minelab X-Terra Pro?