New Minelab X-Terra Pro?

PUHH

Note the coil sizes they're saying for the Equinox.....

xterracoils.thumb.jpg.d2e2f26a11f97370f158eda24b0cc785.jpg

12x9" Elliptical, 8x5" Elliptical, and 10x7" Elliptical, so if the X-Terra can run these along with Nox coils, can the Nox 900 run these X-Terra coils, if so perhaps I now need a Nox 900, unless they're also compatible with the Nox 800.

It seems the X-terra has the best range of coils of any of these modern Minelab machines seeing it has its own coils and works with Equinox coils.   Damn Minelab and their coil restrictions.

• Like 3

I have always owned and recommended Minelab machines, but not anymore...there just taking people for a ride. The cheapest of there new machines has the most and best size coils available, cmon....

Looks like Minelab has set out to try and take what left of the metal detecting market from other manufacturers. Price point of the X-terra Pro looks to be in the mid US $700 range. That's going to directly compete with the Garrett AT Max, Nokta Anfibio and Fisher F75. They may add other less expensive models in the months to come. But if you look at the features being offered on the new X-terra Pro it's only real competition is the Nokta Anfibio. Why would anybody except a brand loyal person  buy the Fisher F75 or Garrett AT Max when the X-terra Pro offers so much more for the money. My guess is they will soon have a X-terra model that will give the Nokta Simplex, Garrett Ace series and lower end Fisher F series a run for the money.

• Like 4

Minelab X-TERRA Pro Metal Detector: What We Know So Far - Serious Metal Detecting (seriousdetecting.com)

The X-terra Pro’s advanced switchable frequency technology is one of its standout features. Unlike other metal detectors that operate on a single frequency, it appears that the X-terra Pro allows the user to switch between different frequencies giving it the ability to detect a wider range of metals with greater precision as the user switches between different frequency modes. This is different from their multi-frequency machines like the Vanquish (340, 440, 540 and 540 Pro Pack), Equinox (600, 700, 800 and 900), CTX 3030 or Manticore machines that gives the user the option to run all frequencies at the same time.

Selectable SF is a "standout" feature? 🙄

"This is different from their SMF detectors that run all frequencies at the same time". Wasn't it shown that those detectors only transmit 2 frequencies?

What happened to the Nox's SMF obsoleting SF detectors?

What's going on here? It's almost as if Minelab went into "desperation" mode, because the Codan shareholder's told them to "Throw everything at the wall and hope something sticks".

• Like 3

My Tarsacci is selectable single frequency (6.4) (9) (12) & (18). Runs deep and smooth as silk on salt beach. Maybe they were pokin around one of those.

If that's the price I don't think they sell many Xterras with the equinox 600. I figured the price would be around 400 to compete with the simplex.  I don't understand this play by minelab., it doesn't make sense to get this detector and even less at that price

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

12x9" Elliptical, 8x5" Elliptical, and 10x7" Elliptical, so if the X-Terra can run these along with Nox coils, can the Nox 900 run these X-Terra coils, if so perhaps I now need a Nox 900, unless they're also compatible with the Nox 800.

They look like the Vanquish coils.  (Am I seeing these correctly.)  But the coil housing can be loaded with different windings so presumably that is what they've done.

My skepticism (cynicism) apparenly wasn't confirmed as this is sure looking like a real Minelab product.  A lot of head scratching remains, though.  Why they would price this at close to the more option loaded bottom Equinoxes (600 and now 700) is the biggest one for me.  What does it have that they don't? 

Why they chose to introduce on a Chinese mega-outlet is another one.  Who is their target market??

The link to Serious Detecting's comments that Digalicious posted is also interesting.  Apparently they are expecting to get some, but when?

• The title was changed to New Minelab X-terra Pro?
  • The title was changed to New Minelab X-Terra Pro?