New Minelab X-Terra Pro?

PUHH

haha, they've genuinely called it the "tormentor" metal detector on the test reports, as no doubt they're tormenting Nokta

tormentor.jpg.89a12989711b6392ad3de58aaed55483.jpg

Also they went Bluetooth LE, gone is atpX Low latency.   Sucks to own a GPX 6000 with LL when all the cheaper newer detectors have superior wireless audio.

• Like 2

... something to think about,,,, there are many excellent 1-frequency detectors that excel in separation and depth of detection,,, that X-tera Pro can be one of them..

but that will be seen in the tests with the first users..

The possibility to combine and use coils from the Equinox and Vanquish series can also be a strong reason to buy X-tera pro..
but it also points out how powerful a tool Minelab's targeted marketing is...
Likewise, I wouldn't see a problem using, for example, coils for ETRAC on my CTX 3030... if MInelab took a similar step...:wink:

On the other hand, not using the frequency of 20 and 40 khz - hints X - Terra does not feel like a gold prospecting machine with a true all metal mode .... I mean in this price category ... what is the change compared to the old X Tera 705 ... Minelab may be preparing a place for its new gold prospecting machine..

The new construction does not surprise me... I myself use the Vanquish 340... not as a detector with an S rod but as a detector with a straight rod..

One thing is certain... 1 frequency detectors are not yet at all .. outdated...:wink:👍

As they say here..."never say never"...!!!

But on the other hand, it must be said that multi-frequency and single frequency have their strengths as well as weaknesses..... it depends on the terrain,,, EMI..,, and the type of detection...

Because both of these options 1F  frekvency and Multi F frekvency , if they are well optimized...they are already Technically...better "Predisposed" for a certain type of detection situation...!!! where most of the advantage ...of one of the  Alternatives is redeemed by the fact that it is...:

"Something for Something" .....

• Like 3

On 2/22/2023 at 5:59 PM, phrunt said:

haha, they've genuinely called it the "tormentor" metal detector on the test reports, as no doubt they're tormenting Nokta

tormentor.jpg.89a12989711b6392ad3de58aaed55483.jpg

Also they went Bluetooth LE, gone is atpX Low latency.   Sucks to own a GPX 6000 with LL when all the cheaper newer detectors have superior wireless audio.

Whatd'ya mean "tormenting Nokta???-----I don't see it making a pimple on the Legends backside! lol

1 hour ago, D&P-OR said:

Whatd'ya mean "tormenting Nokta???-----I don't see it making a pimple on the Legends backside! lol

Oh that"s rich D&P! Going for a little doo-doo stirring there are ya?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D&P-OR said:

No, but rumour is floating around it's going to be priced along side the Simplex somewhere, and it will hurt Simplex sales significantly if this is the case, I'd much rather it than a Simplex.

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

No, but rumour is floating around it's going to be priced along side the Simplex somewhere, and it will hurt Simplex sales significantly if this is the case, I'd much rather it than a Simplex.

"If" it's in that price range I would certainly agree with you on that.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, JamieinMaine said:

Looks like a 269$ MSRP

Can you reveal your source for this info?