New Minelab X-Terra Pro?

PUHH

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Maybe you are completely joking or half joking.  On a serious note, is it for sure that an X-Terra Pro coil will work on an Equinox?  What I'm thinking as a possibility is that there might not be a security chip in the X-Terra coil but the Equinox requires one.  So the reverse relationship (Equinox coil works on X-Terra Pro) might still hold.

My guess is they just share the shame chip, there is no way the X-terra won't have security chips, they won't want it opened up to aftermarket coils without their control.   I am hopeful the X-terra coils will work on the Nox, and if they do I guess I'm buying an X-terra and a Nox 900.

• Like 3

....coils from X-terra pro will not work on Equinox, we would probably like a lot...
  On the contrary... the coils from the Equinox will work on the X-terra Pro... and that's an advantage for someone who already has an Equinox...

• Like 2

If the X-terra Pro "works" well enough its a no-brainer for me I'm keeping my Nox 800 and have 3 coils. Its a perfect machine for someone tagging along on any hunt and you can keep it light with a smaller coil. 

I'm starting to question my decision of the Manticore over the 900. 😵

• Like 1

$269 seems like a checkmate move on the Simplex. I know for me it is. I see a new trunk detector in my future. 

• Like 4

On 3/4/2023 at 11:06 PM, phrunt said:

I am pretty sure I'd rather a X-Terra Pro for the incredible price that it is than a far more expensive detector like a F75 Ver 5 LTD Turbo Max Power Camo 2023 Special Anniversary Nitro Edition and it's a fraction of the price.

The F75/T2 is still one of the best platforms on the market.  Without getting into pulse machines, there's nothing I've found that is deeper.  It all still comes down to what you look for the most when you hunt and selecting the best tool for the job.  For deep coins and relics in the US...especially in bad soil...you're not going to find a machine to beat that F75/T2 platform without getting into pulse machines.

As far as the XTerra.  I would hope the selectable single freqs work better than other machines with the same offering.  I've always found the selectable freq machines to be lacking when compared to the straight forward single freq machines of the same kHz.  The Simplex machines will already have the market in that arena due to already having coil options for everybody's liking.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

The F75/T2 is still one of the best platforms on the market.  Without getting into pulse machines, there's nothing I've found that is deeper.  It all still comes down to what you look for the most when you hunt and selecting the best tool for the job.  For deep coins and relics in the US...especially in bad soil...you're not going to find a machine to beat that F75/T2 platform without getting into pulse machines.

I've been following your T2 journey with interest as I own two of the things and old one and a newer "classic" variant.

They seem to work particularly well in your soils, not quite the same here where I could show my Ace 300 outperform one at identifying a small silver coin at depth in clean mild soils.

But yes, I agree the T2 platform is good, it would have been a lot better if they kept developing it over the past decade though and used the base technology to make actual new models.  Even current T2/F75 fans would be happy if there were real new models of it with modern features, I basically saw the Simplex+ as the new T2, both behave very similar in my soils too but a T2 in a Simplex control box would make a nice rehash, waterproof, torch, vibration, wireless etc, all the modern features that are now becoming virtually entry level features.

To a customer in X-Terra market buying a detector with little knowledge looking at detectors would they even spend a couple of minutes reading the box of the T2 when they have just finished reading the box of the X-Terra? Not likely, specifications wise the X-terra kills it.  The T2 is a very basic machine with it's features.  A quick google will show them the T2 came out in something like 2007 and the X-terra came out in 2023.... that would sway more people who buy anything electronic.

25 minutes ago, Geezer said:

That is a lot of capability for $269.

The coil options will help sell to EQ people looking for a back up I'd bet.  Be nice to have along with a small coil when you hit a trashy section at a good location.  Fast and familiar. Plus you don't have to dunk your 6&8 hundred.  

• Thanks 1

I have to ask, what is the difference between modes, what changes between park and field?

Is there an iron bias in the background that changes? 

The depth in the test garden is impressive for a machine under 300. It is a big coil, but I am pretty sure my 705 would only give iron sounds at those depths, in all the places I have used it.