New Minelab X-Terra Pro?

PUHH

I was going to get a new Simplex for a backup (loaner), but I couldn't possibly buy one over this, its a no brainer... $529 Australian Dollars.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, unox said:

I was going to get a new Simplex for a backup (loaner), but I couldn't possibly buy one over this, its a no brainer... $529 Australian Dollars.

That and you can use your Equinox coils on it, it's a great deal.

It has been confirmed by Iffy Signals that the X-Terra coils will not work on the Nox though, he's tried it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That and you can use your Equinox coils on it, it's a great deal.

Sure is Simon, I have a 10x5 Coiltek which will go well on it as well.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

That Iffy Signals video made me say "nope".  

You're not it's target market 🙂

It towers over the machines in it's price range I think.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

You're not it's target market 🙂

It towers over the machines in it's price range I think.

You better edit that.  The Nokta lady will go ballistic on ya for speculation without having an X-Terra and Simplex 2.0 in hand to compare.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 6:20 AM, palzynski said:

I like the rectangular telescopic shaft , the stems dont rotate when you adjust them , I wonder why ML has not used this design for the MCore or Equinox 700/900 btw ...

Probably because the XTP upper shaft pieces are aluminum and easy to extrude vs. the new Noxs' shafts are carbon fiber and require a more involved and expensive process to form. Too bad the XTP shaft isn't also CF, but at that price point…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TedinVT said:

Probably because the XTP upper shaft pieces are aluminum and easy to extrude vs. the new Noxs' shafts are carbon fiber and require a more involved and expensive process to form. Too bad the XTP shaft isn't also CF, but at that price point…

I have used my Nox 800 Teleknox shaft on my Terra Pro and it works.

First wrap insulation tape around the area that the handle will fix too. It has to be thick enough for the 2 lugs on the bottom bracket to grip onto. But not to thick. Or the lugs could break. Then push the handle down onto the shaft, do the 4 screws up then you have carbon fibre shaft. 

The coil fits too. A picture of the complete job is on my phone will post here when i can later. 

• Like 2

Looks good. So you basically only swapped the control pods since the  Nox coil will work with the X-Terra Pro control pod. Neat!