Bullets Buttons And Buckles - Updated

Nice work 350..rare to get  thimble in that condition..It should clean up nicely. All those flat buttons...whats that green dot bottom center on the first photo?

strick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, strick said:

whats that green dot bottom center on the first photo?

Thanks Strick!

Wish it was something cool, it's a sun flare in the camera lens 😀

I'm kinda afraid to do much with the thimble, seems that the letters will come off if I get too aggressive.

Buttons are toasted but show some detail, the big dandy was unexpected. Most of them have shanks! The big one was taco'ed but I could straighten it a bit without breaking it. The older they are the quicker they break. Most of this stuff is probably 1700s.

7 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice variety of colonial finds there!! 

Not sure what the mystery item is 🤔

Thanks!

No problem, thought it might be a knife crossguard but it's too thin.

Some of the places I go have newer buttons, but I always enjoy finding the really old ones, and when there's a lot of them. 😀 I haven't scratched the surface of this spot so that's great too. I'm pretty sure this place was hit but they didn't do a great job.

• Like 1

Nice hunt again and a very good save on the thimble.

Good luck out there and stay safe, we don't want any weather balloons crashing down on you.

• Thanks 1

Nice relics. Nice to be able to get out. Looks like you are really enjoying that Deus 2.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice relics. Nice to be able to get out. Looks like you are really enjoying that Deus 2.

Thanks Rick!

I haven't had many detectors, but certainly not one as accurate and light as the Deus 2. 😀 IMO it is difficult not to use it. The way I've got it set up does quite well with small changes as conditions change.

• Like 1

Excellent job sniffing out the goods again, F350! That giant thimble is georgious and congrats on getting all 3 pieces of the shoe buckle. Nice haul of button too, congrats! The Alaska spoon is a bit of a mystery. The only thing I could find, besides comemorative spoons, was a post on TreasureNet from 2012 from a guy who found a table spoon with Alaska on the back. He didn't post a photo of his but posted a photo of 3 dinner spoons that has Alaska embossed on the back where the makers mark usually is. Well done again!

• Thanks 1

Did a quick Google search of "Alaska cutlery" and this is one of the things that popped up:

1843212679_Screenshotat2023-02-06122433.thumb.png.62b6d864ba6f15ca6d534e6c1dda69f4.png

I also like the thimble and still haven't found my first one.  When I got the ML Eqx 800 I made the modest wish of finding my first Buffalo Nickel.  That happened pretty quickly (and they've kept on coming).  Maybe a thimble (is it too much to ask that it be in nice or easily repairable condition?) is my wish when I get the Manticore.  A stirling one would be nice.  (OK, now I'm getting greedy....)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Bullets Buttons And Buckles - Updated