In The Wild Lg24 Dig With Paystreak.

Paystreak normally uses the 6" coil on his Legend, and recently got the LG24 coil. He now says that he will be using the LG24 most of the time, and calls it a "park killer".

I'll be getting mine soon, but still have to wait 2 to 3 months before the ground thaws. Stupid winter! lol...no wait...😢

• Like 3

Very interesting. Dude has ALOT of energy...his recovery speed is impressive, to say the least.

• Like 1

I have one on the way also should have it in a few days, and with the weather we are having here there will be no stopping me from giving the LG24 a try 70 degrees and rising in Tucson area

• Like 2

I can only say one thing about the LG24 : it's a damn good coil, perhaps the best that has been made for the Legend (I'm curious how the LG30 will be perceived). I spent my afternoon in the garden, M2 first in Field mode, that gave a lot of interference but then I switched to Park, M2 again and I was hitting targets between 2 and 6 inches. Pinpointing was spot on, separation is very good and after a few digs, you can very accurately tell what the target will be and at what depth (in my case mostly canslaw, aluminium foil and bottle caps) and it can single out very small targets. In comparison, the LG28 goes deeper but is a lot less accurate and more sensitive to interference and needs to be ran at a lower sensitivity compared to the LG24.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2023 at 3:46 PM, glacialgold said:

Very interesting. Dude has ALOT of energy...his recovery speed is impressive, to say the least.

This is a understatement, he moves like he's on speed most of the time. Especially for digging in the dirt which can be rough. :ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've watched about half of the video without any sound and now added some sound.  It is the best 'plugging' video I've ever seen.  The plugging technique is just the best.  You literally can't tell that a target has been extracted from the holes and in many cases the target popped free from the plug.  

The coil allowed him to pinpoint the target very well.

I'm not a park hunter but this shows me how I could become one with minimal impact on the park.

Bravo!

• Like 3

Soil texture & moisture play a big part in neat plugs.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, JCR said:

Soil texture & moisture play a big part in neat plugs.

Totally agree. I'm guilty of some pretty sloppy plugs, especially in my area with the clay when wet. Being relatively new, however, I'm still trying to up my "hole hygiene" game, as I like to call it.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:45 AM, Sirius said:

This is a understatement, he moves like he's on speed most of the time.

Another thing I've noticed -- and maybe it's the camera angle -- is he sweeps real quick with that 6" coil. Like, totally zero overlap.

Granted, he gets good stuff on video, but it makes me wonder about the presumed rigor of "Pretend you are painting the ground, overlap sweeps by 50%" method we've all heard about. I'm in the habit of overlapping maybe in the 20-30% range, but happy to reconsider.

• Like 2