End Of An Era: Gpaa Gold Shows

For decades the Gold Shows sponsored by the GPAA were the ultimate venue for persons interested in recreational gold mining. I had booths at a total of 136 Shows, sold lots of detectors, and made many friends, including many of you on this forum. Alas, the GPAA management has decided to discontinue the Shows. The end of an era...

• Sad 10

1 hour ago, Jim McCulloch said:

For decades the Gold Shows sponsored by the GPAA were the ultimate venue for persons interested in recreational gold mining. I had booths at a total of 136 Shows, sold lots of detectors, and made many friends, including many of you on this forum. Alas, the GPAA management has decided to discontinue the Shows. The end of an era...

Sad news indeed Jim

I think either somebody steps in and fixes things or the GPAA is done. Our club in Butte, Montana just voted to leave the GPAA and go our own way.  There just wasnt any benefit for us to have to go that direction other than buying a few things for the Christmss party or summer functions. 

I dropped my membership 2 years ago. Thought the whole thing was a waste of my time and money, and the outing I went to was a joke. Not at all surprised...only that it lasted this long.

Jim

• Like 2