My Thoughts On The Minelab Manticore After 50 Hours And Beyond!

On 2/11/2023 at 2:33 PM, Rattlehead said:

Also, on one of the deeper signals (penny at 9”), I lowered the sensitivity down one digit at a time to see how low I could go and still get a good dig-able signal. Started at 27 and took it all the way down to 19. Surprisingly, it still sounded pretty good even at lower levels. Below 19 it started to fade a bit. That was using the Depth theme, so even the deeper targets tend to sound off pretty well. 

Here's a short video demonstrating what I mentioned above. 

• Like 5

Yep, I've been running 18 and been happy with the results, keeping my sensitivity lower has improved my Target ID's too so I'm happy with that.  I was just so used to cranking my detectors up as high as they would go and stay stable previously so it felt weird to run a lower sensitivity, I can run on 26 and keep it stable in this particular spot I'm doing at the moment but by dropping back to 18 has improved my Target ID stability so I'm sticking with it, I've done plenty of experimenting now on deep targets, by having lower sensitivity I'm not missing anything that I can see.   I've been running as low as 14 and still hitting the deep stuff.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yep, I've been running 18 and been happy with the results, keeping my sensitivity lower has improved my Target ID's too so I'm happy with that.  I was just so used to cranking my detectors up as high as they would go and stay stable previously so it felt weird to run a lower sensitivity, I can run on 26 and keep it stable in this particular spot I'm doing at the moment but by dropping back to 18 has improved my Target ID stability so I'm sticking with it, I've done plenty of experimenting now on deep targets, by having lower sensitivity I'm not missing anything that I can see.   I've been running as low as 14 and still hitting the deep stuff.

Yep. Same here. I've always been in the habit of cranking up the sensitivity until it becomes erratic, and then backing it off a notch or two. I'm starting to realize that less is more.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your excellent review and videos. 

I'm learning my Manticore and so far no "ah ha" moments, but I have a lot to learn.  I do like the ATLC better than the ATHC so far. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 6:46 AM, ColonelDan said:

Excellent report in every regard. 

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Thanks for your excellent review and videos. 

I'm learning my Manticore and so far no "ah ha" moments, but I have a lot to learn.  I do like the ATLC better than the ATHC so far. 

Thanks guys. I still have a lot to learn as well. Great detector though!