How Many Of You Have Purchased The Manticore From Cabela's/bass Pro?

Seems Cabela's/Bass Pro is getting more than dealers but I can't prove it.

Just curious how many people on here have received their Manticore from them?  If you would rather message me and not post public, that's fine.

I have a Cabela's less than 5 miles away and a few times I could have purchased, but as a dealer who has many on order from Day #1, I expected to get decent amounts.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Gerry at Gerry's Detectors in Boise, Idaho

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 1

I did Gerry....sorry don't string me up.

Couldn't help myself. After reading so much about it then waking up one morning at 4 a.m. and BAM! there it was available.

I threw away the vet discount and no tax that I may have been able to get if I waited.

I just wanted it. Like.....yesterday.

• Like 1

I have been watching Cabelas since just after Christmas, I placed MCore in cart quite a few times to test and could have ordered, but was ok waiting. Recently the Auburn Store in NY had at least one in the store.

I am pretty sure they came into stock once a week since 12-30 except from about Jan 24 to about Feb 5.  

They usually stay in stock for a whole day/day and a half least. I have a shortcut search set up just to annoy myself about Minelab's methods. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Couldn't help myself. After reading so much about it then waking up one morning at 4 a.m. and BAM! there it was available.

I threw away the vet discount and no tax that I may have been able to get if I waited.

Me too, sorry Gerry and other independent dealers. 

Ringtail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

No need to apologize at all my friend.  I totally understand those who don't want to wait.  I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people actually purchased from Cabale's, which then was a lost sale to a dealer.

Minelab asks of us dealers to start promoting the Manticore.  We do so, but when they start shipping, it seems some Sporting Goods Stores get more than the exact same people who are asked to promote it.

A while back, Minelab had a class to show dealers how to sell on Amazon.  I thought that was strange, since I used to be told Minelab is a premium product and they'd never go big box.  I guess Minelab is testing the waters and then who knows, they cut out the dealers totally.

Step by step it is slowing looking that way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Oh my! 2

• The title was changed to How Many Of You Have Purchased The Manticore From Cabela's/bass Pro?

I’m scared the personalized small brick and mortar dealers will meet the fate of most corner hardware stores, when Lowe’s and Home Depot showed up.

• Like 1

Amazon and eBay should have killed brick and mortar, but thankfully they didn't. Bought my last two detectors from a brick and mortar and I'm glad I did. They set up and test every detector they sell. 👍

• Like 3

I did, they ship the Manticores from a warehouse not the store.  A Cabela rep told me nothing is shipped from the stores. There are dozen of people on the Facebook Manticore pages and other forums that got theirs from Cabela's.  If you have a rewards account and on the right day, they offer 10% off all purchases and will ship Fed-Ex 2 day express for free. The biggest minus is they charge sales tax. If I was a Minelab dealer,  I would be pissed, also saw a few guys posting they got one from  dealers selling thru Amazon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I did.  Paid for it and had it the next day.  My dealer still hasn't received any, to my knowledge.  

Glad you were able to get one and sorry the dealer has yet.