How Many Of You Have Purchased The Manticore From Cabela's/bass Pro?

Minelab is not making any friends by delaying the most eager customers and dealers while favoring essentially a big box that for the most part, metal detecting is a grain of salt. 

It would be nice if Minelab figured this out and threw all of us waiting a bone, maybe a finds pouch or digger or "we're sorry". 

There are enough close comparisons going on that a Mcore is not the only choice we have.  ☹️

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Dug D said:

It would be nice if Minelab figured this out and threw all of us waiting a bone, maybe a finds pouch or digger or "we're sorry".

(choking) We're talking Codan/Minelab here, right?  Garrett or Nokta, maybe.

Bottom line is they are going to do what gets money in their pockets the fastest.  Period.  Apparently sending large quantities to one location is faster than distributing to many dealers (through distributors).  Minelab is more at the command of the parent company and its stockholders than the customers.

And I agree, we (finally) have choices in high performing multifrequency detectors and multiple companines making them.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

How did you fall from 2nd to 3rd?

Not enough cleavage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Rumour is floating around NZ that the next batch for here won't be until April sometime, so I was certainly lucky being in the first tiny batch which was 10 machines I believe.

I guess all this struggle getting many machines to market means the alternative coils will be a long way off.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

On 2/8/2023 at 5:36 PM, phrunt said:

In fact if a product fails outside of the warranty period, such as an Equinox coil ears break for example, if this is a known issue with the product and you have proof this is the case like lots of forum posts with people with broken ears you can take action to have the coil replaced, even outside of warranty.

Sorry that this is not related to the thread but your sentence here pricked up my ears. 

I have never used my Equinox 800 underwater but now I happen to have the means to do just that.  Are you suggesting that if it drowned, even though it is outside warranty period, that Minelab should have to replace it as it is absolutely a known issue? 

Re: the topic of the thread.  The only thing I have brought from a big box store was a Profind 35 and it was only because I happened to be there when they have a 20% off weekend - it was a bit of an impulse purchase.  

Everything else has been Miner's Den (when I first started), JP at the Outback Prospector and Nenad at PhaseTechnical.  Can't imagine I would ever be in so much of a hurry that I can't wait for Nenad or JP if it is an item that they actually stock.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Sorry that this is not related to the thread but your sentence here pricked up my ears. 

I have never used my Equinox 800 underwater but now I happen to have the means to do just that.  Are you suggesting that if it drowned, even though it is outside warranty period, that Minelab should have to replace it as it is absolutely a known issue?

How long the warranty against defects applies

Warranties against defects usually apply for a set amount of time. After the warranty expires, the consumer guarantee of acceptable quality usually still applies. This means that if there’s a problem with a product, the consumer likely still has a right to a repair, refund or replacement, even after the warranty period.

Businesses must not mislead consumers into thinking that their rights are limited to the remedies or timeframe set out in a warranty against defects.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/buying-products-and-services/warranties

You sometimes hear stories about Minelab fixing a GPZ that died a few months outside of warranty  , this is why....  It's not out of the kindness of their hearts.  🙂

More often than not all you need to do is tell them you understand the consumer laws and you're entitled to a repair and they won't argue.

I've had a dishwasher fail a year outside of warranty that I got a full refund for as the retailer was no longer importing that brand and couldn't repair or replace it. 

I have no idea about USA laws, this is Australia and New Zealand I'm talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

usually still applies

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

the consumer likely still

The words 'usually' and 'likely' concern me 🤣

I might email Minelab about it. 

Thanks for the pertinent links 😉

• Like 1