Building A Deck Need To Go Nugget Hunting

1515Art

4 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

I will just drift around....

you will love  China, let us know when you plan to go and ill see if we can find you someplace to see off the beaten path or at least have a pretty Chinese lady meet you for dinner!

2a624bde08b0fb18ccbf1ab.jpg

Dang... I dont want to go to jail when i get there!!!:ph34r:

How old are those girls...12-15????--

I'd probably check out if I tried to run with those girls.....

I can hear it now---- and I will translate it to you in tennessean

Hello 911--- Yeah  we got an old geezer over here who seems to have had a massive gasket failure..... there doesn't seem to be much left of him but an empty shell....

Roger 5-0...... we will approach with no lights or siren.....

"Must be another one of them over the hill hillbillies again Chang...lolol"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Dang... I dont want to go to jail when i get there!!!:ph34r:

How old are those girls...12-15????--

I'd probably check out if I tried to run with those girls.....

I can hear it now---- and I will translate it to you in tennessean

Hello 911--- Yeah  we got an old geezer over here who seems to have had a massive gasket failure..... there doesn't seem to be much left of him but an empty shell....

Roger 5-0...... we will approach with no lights or siren.....

"Must be another one of them over the hill hillbillies again Chang...lolol"

na, you'd be OK...girls like that get your heart started. i think they call it a debbie fibulator.

funny story, I took my daughter and younger son on a tour of China a few years ago and on one night in shanghai a friend of ours took us out to some night clubs in the city. this guy works for the government as sort of a city manager doing something with business and running a couple of the corporations, i'm not exactly sure what they are but this guys got some horsepower. we were hanging out listening to music and having some drinks when 20 young handsome young men (guys breaking into the movie industry and the same number of up and up and coming starlets as pretty as the girls in that picture come walking up. the boys surround my daughter and the girls all circled around my son, the deal was they were both supposed to pick out a date for conversation and dancing. talk about different reactions...my daughter was horrified and wanted nothing to do with any of it, my son a different story...he was certain Shanghai was the place to live. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Sebastrue said:

Great job. The decking looks very good. I want to repair the decking on the terrasse, but I don't know what to use wood or composite boards. What is better?

There’s some talented carpenters active on the forum, I really couldn’t tell you for sure what’s best. I choose redwood because I like the look and I think it makes a comfortable surface to walk on, but I really don’t have any experience with the manufactured stuff I’m sure someone on here has used both and can offer some advice.

Good looking deck, Clark! I've been doing interior remodeling this winter, and am really looking forward to some nice weather, and a prospecting trip, myself.

Jim

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Good looking deck, Clark! I've been doing interior remodeling this winter, and am really looking forward to some nice weather, and a prospecting trip, myself.

Jim

Hey Jim, thanks and projects can sure get in the way of our fun the deck was a few years ago but seems like only yesterday and I only thought I was busy back then, geez it’s a long list of one thing after another that I won’t make you suffer through. At least the deck was fun, what you been remodeling, moving walls around or adding elegance with designer accent walls? I’ve been watching to much HGTV I think but yep, sounds like you’ve had a productive winter and bet the wife is pretty pleased big deposit in the honey-do-bank. Sounds like you plan is on a better schedule than mine, weather and everything should line up perfect, I’ll be done with my stuff about the time temps start hitting the 100’s guess I’ll try a little night time hunting if I have to. Good luck out there and hope you find a nice pocket.

clark

Mostly just making things nicer, Clark. Had the kitchen cabinets redone, and added some rock to the wall behind the woodstove. Some new laminate flooring is in the plan, along with new paint. Winter has gone by fast. I'm, also building a new drive for my shaker table It's modeled on the Wilfley mechanism, with "on the fly" adjustment of  speed and stroke length. Also added a solar panel and controller to the camper, so I don't have to mess with the generator to keep the power on.

I imagine our first multi-day trip will be down in northeast Nevada. I'm hoping in the second half of April....we'll see. The snow is about gone here, below 5,000, but no way you'd get into the mountains yet....at least another month to do that.Jim

• 1 year later...

I just saw this.

Nice looking deck ! 

I love redwood. My second fave wood to work. ....next to WALNUT ! Smells so good when ya cut them....

Bet you're glad now that you bought all of it before the lumber $$ went through the stratosphere !

• Like 3