Building A Deck Need To Go Nugget Hunting

1515Art

Hi Paul,

Ha, it says watch your head... no, actually the outside is about wonderful family, good friends and success in ventures at this happy place and on the inside is a well known chinese poem about the rabbit and the snake (my wife was born in the year of the rabbit and I was born in the year of the snake).

Paul, Let me know when you decide to go, I'll call my friend who owns the mountain with the old temple and jade mine. You can detect on his private property if you happen in the area on your travels.

7 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Thx..That's neat...

I'm going ro China someday and bum around..... Not long though if I can't detect...I sold a 4000 to a man in Mongolia and he told me to stop by anytime...

Paul, I was wondering when you go to China were you going on a tour, or just planning to roam around on your own? If you don't speak the language you kind of need a friend or something to help out, at least I do anyway, my Chinese is pretty poor...my brain has a brick wall when it comes to learning Chinese and without help taxi, restaurants, most stores...everywhere really, you can't count on anyone speaking English, so I'm pretty helpless if I'm on my own.

if you do head over on your own, let me know and I'll give you a few tips on what to do over there and have a friend or two give you a hand if you like or need.

• Like 1

The deck and all looks professionally done.  I don't know what you do for a living but if you built decks I am sure you would do quite well.

5 hours ago, Roughwater said:

The deck and all looks professionally done.  I don't know what you do for a living but if you built decks I am sure you would do quite well.

Thanks, I appreciate the good words. I retired from the fire department, never did any deck building... I did do a lot of stuff on days off when I was working on the line like every other guy there with not enough money to cover the time off, side jobs are the norm. Painting, remodels and other stuff... most of the other guys work in one of the trades or another, so there is always a steady resource for doing it yourself. later I moved on to the Admin and was Ops Chief when I left. That put me in charge of fire suppression (150 guys), fire EMS, Haz Mat Division and the volunteer reserve division to round things out. Building a deck and finding gold is a lot more fun, it took me 5 years to get over the jumps every time a pager or phone went off, i was tied to almost 24/7.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1515Art said:

Building a deck and finding gold is a lot more fun, it took me 5 years to get over the jumps every time a pager or phone went off, i was tied to almost 24/7.

I think for all of us the detecting is more fun and maybe like fishing has a therapeutic side to it especially if we don't take it too seriously.

I live out in the country and in this area you don't see a lot of wealth.  Many here including small farmers and many others have to be a Jack of all trades to make a decent living.  There is a lot of barter of sorts going on in that if someone helps you out you find a way to do the same for them.  It's so much different than when I lived in town and you barely knew your neighbor.  

I sense a bit of that same good spirit here at this website.    

• Like 1