Impulse AQ Picking Up Other Detectors

Was out detecting today and came across two others detecting. One with a Manticore and one with a Deus 2. The guy with the Manticore could walk right up and we could talk and not hear the other's detector. When the guy with the Deus 2 got about 30 feet away I started hearing his detector in the headphones and by the time he was 7 or 8 feet away I had to turn the AQ off until we were done talking and we got some distance between us. The guy with the Deus 2 said he was not hearing the AQ as he approached.

Not a big deal ... just a data point.

• Like 3

I remember the Nox drove my AQ insane, and both of us were in the water. Heard him coming from about 20 out. Years ago in OC Md, the excalibur would alarm me when some one was a good distances away. I would be looking all around to see what is going on..

Interesting they can tune out a PI.. seems I remember at the club meeting they would not allow PI's at the club hunts..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

18 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Interesting they can tune out a PI..

I recall people saying they could hear both the Sand Shark and the Headhunter Pulse approaching. I have no idea what different processing in some of the newer detectors might keep them from hearing a PI ... ?? I have not tried listening to the Excal with the AQ on nearby (or the other way around) ... might do that just to see what it does.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im in DR the massive hotel wi fi signal kills the machine--almost zero response.

Shame just where I need it.

cjc

• Sad 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:13 PM, cjc said:

Im in DR the massive hotel wi fi signal kills the machine--almost zero response.

Shame just where I need it.

cjc

Where I'm at, there are some hotels that were problematic to hunt in front of that are now no problem. I'm guessing they changed their wifi equipment or fixed some faulty power transmission stuff. Not sure what changed.

I'm sure you took the delay up and sensitivity down in attempts to mitigate ...

• Like 2