Went 2 The Barbers At The Old Farm

12 minutes ago, matt said:

Wow 350! That's some great stuff! It's inspiring to read your posts. Thanks.

Thank you Matt. 

That's my main intent, to educate those new to the hobby, to inspire others to get out there, and just a touch of braggadocio (without arrogance). 🤣

I want the people who have helped me progress in this hobby to get some pride in return, individuals too numerous to mention now. Chase Goldman has been the most inspiring. It's been a humbling but rewarding couple of years!

• Like 2

Wow! Someday I will gather the courage to to go to an an old populated area and search. I just don't like people much. But the idea of finding history may override my phobia. Great finds. Keep it going.!

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, jim tn said:

Nice batch of finds. 2 Barbers are a nice bonus for a good day to be out hunting. HH jim tn

Thanks!

Considering I usually don't find silver at most of my permissions, it's a huge bonus. 👍 I honestly think I've improved at looking for it. 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lost Scout said:

Wow! Someday I will gather the courage to to go to an an old populated area and search. I just don't like people much. But the idea of finding history may override my phobia. Great finds. Keep it going.!

My friend, I've always said the problem with people... Is people. Same goes for neighbors, my nearest is a half mile away. 😀 I've lived in both rural and urban areas, and very much prefer rural life, especially in the South.

I've learned to be gracious and complimentary with these people, this place is harder than most to become part of, the traditions here go back to the 1600s, and it hasn't changed much. Cross one of them and you're toast. 😳

I find that getting one permission can lead to many more, the folks here seem to be vicariously interested in the hobby and seeing you succeed, especially if you're interested in their history. Let them talk as long as it takes. 🙂 Don't be in a hurry.

Probably isn't the same everywhere!

• Like 3

Another great hunt again for you, how can you be so lucky with all that history.

You have some great areas to hunt and some nice permissions in your pocket so keep up the hard work and save as much history as you can.

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another great hunt again for you, how can you be so lucky with all that history.

You have some great areas to hunt and some nice permissions in your pocket so keep up the hard work and save as much history as you can.

Thanks VL, should have worn this shirt yesterday. 😀20230117_174504.thumb.jpg.99df0020529a22940db7665e0c842187.jpg

I will say that at first glance that graphic looks cool, but after thinking about it the tools are reversed 🤣

• Like 2