Nugget Finder 17" X 13" Z Search GPZ 7000 Coil

cobill

4 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Phrunt, Nugget Finder website must be undergoing some changes. 

All the Z-Search and Evolution coils are still available, including the everlasting Sadie coil which continues to sell. 

It's pretty weird, still like that now over a month later from when I noticed it.  I wonder if they even know, perhaps the person maintaining it stuffed up.  A little update went on recently changing the wording of the 6000 coil regarding its waterproofing but the website didn't get fixed then.

• Like 1

When people buy coils a very large percentage of them don't even float around Online, don't post finds, don't chat on forums or go on Facebook so you just don't hear from that group, I can say that with some background knowledge from being friends with a coil manufacturer.

Like anything if people have a problem that's when you hear about it, if people are happy then you'll hear next to nothing except from a small group that tend to use forums and social media that like to help others by giving feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my hands on one here in OZ and will be test running it in the field in May for 3 weeks. Will give my feed back in June when i get back.😉

Cheers Ozgold

• Like 3

Hey Scott,

I have only been out a handful of times, but all over hammered patches with the new GPZ 17x13.  I found gold every day, friend running the GPZ with stock coil got skunked 4 times with me.  I have 13 small nuggets, from about 1/4 gram to 2 grams all found at great depths.  A few targets my friend checked with his GPZ, running very similar settings and didn't hear them and doubted I even had a good target.  

No magic wands, just another $1100 coil that will find deeper gold 🙂 I'm convinced it will find a lunker deeper "if it's there!"

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Scott,

I have only been out a handful of times, but all over hammered patches with the new GPZ 17x13.  I found gold every day, friend running the GPZ with stock coil got skunked 4 times with me.  I have 13 small nuggets, from about 1/4 gram to 2 grams all found at great depths.  A few targets my friend checked with his GPZ, running very similar settings and didn't hear them and doubted I even had a good target.  

No magic wands, just another $1100 coil that will find deeper gold 🙂 I'm convinced it will find a lunker deeper "if it's there!"

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob

Hi Rob 

That is very interesting about the skunk and well done on the finds.👍

I know that all places are different and require different settings on detecting machines. Could you please tell me what did you notice different with setting and how much hotter could you run the machine on the places you have been on before?. What extra depth do you think it has?. Do you use speakers or head phones.  Thanks in advance😃

Cheers Ozgold

Hey OzGold,

We both use pretty conservative settings, but I ended up going from the typical High Yield that I love, to General/Normal with the larger coil, 17x13.  I use wired headphones, Sun Ray Pro Gold's to be exact.  I don't care too much for wireless, at least not yet.  

If I had to make an educated guess on how much more depth it's getting vs. the 14x13, I would say these nuggets were at the next level of detection, which I would say just a few more inches probably on smaller gold.  All the nuggets I found, I think 13 total for like 3 trips on this location and about 6 hours total of hunting.  I have found some larger stuff here back in the 90's-2000's era, so I was hoping for a larger piece deep.  I think the largest I found was about 3 grams, smallest was about .25 grams.  

After finding the 13 nuggets and a small handful of deeper rubbish, I thought I might get lucky and score a 1/4 ounce or better at depth.  There is still a lot of ground to cover, I just covered some of the places I knew I found a bunch before concentrated in a small area.  

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob

• Like 3

On 4/13/2023 at 7:45 AM, Rob Allison said:

Hey OzGold,

We both use pretty conservative settings, but I ended up going from the typical High Yield that I love, to General/Normal with the larger coil, 17x13.  I use wired headphones, Sun Ray Pro Gold's to be exact.  I don't care too much for wireless, at least not yet.  

If I had to make an educated guess on how much more depth it's getting vs. the 14x13, I would say these nuggets were at the next level of detection, which I would say just a few more inches probably on smaller gold.  All the nuggets I found, I think 13 total for like 3 trips on this location and about 6 hours total of hunting.  I have found some larger stuff here back in the 90's-2000's era, so I was hoping for a larger piece deep.  I think the largest I found was about 3 grams, smallest was about .25 grams.  

After finding the 13 nuggets and a small handful of deeper rubbish, I thought I might get lucky and score a 1/4 ounce or better at depth.  There is still a lot of ground to cover, I just covered some of the places I knew I found a bunch before concentrated in a small area.  

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob

Hi  Rob

Thanks for the feed back and I'm sure there is a bigger nugget lurking on that patch you, you've just got to swing over it and have your mind in the right place.😃

When you say you run in high yield/normal does that mean you could also run in normal with the 14 at that spot?. Here in OZ the ground is very mineralized and noisy and the go to setting is difficult😩. I know that normal punches much deeper if workable so hopefully the nugget finder coil 17x13 will allow that.

Cheers Ozgold

• Like 2