What Are The Best Waterproof Headphones For The D2?

CPT_GhostLight

I've been looking at waterproof headphone options now that there are more available. I plan to do some wading, snorkeling, and possibly shallow diving with the D2 and was interested to see what the water hunters are using with their D2s. I've looked at the XP Bonephones but I'm also interested in the aftermarket phones out there like Tony Eisenhowers, Threshers, Aqua Teks, Grey Ghost Amphibian IIs, and the like. Anyone tried any of these or others that they could recommend? 

• The title was changed to What Are The Best Waterproof Headphones For The D2?

I'm running Grey Ghost Amphibian IIs right now and I like them. I have a pair of Tony Eisenhower headphones on my Excal and I love them as well. I agree with ColonelDan on the sound quality and build quality on the Eisenhower headphones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, guys, so where can you find Tony Eisenhower phones? I can't find any them listed anywhere.

tony@idigbeaches.com

• Thanks 1

I think the fix is in. I've never tried or even seen the Eisenhowers, but seems like they're the best of the best. 👍 I'll bet they're pretty pricey.

I've used the bone phones quite a bit, I don't submerge completely but do go deep enough where physics still allow me to still use my scoop. I'm a situational awareness fan, so they work great and sound as good as any other XP headphones, maybe a bit better than the WS6 or the WSA II. I have never had much trouble with the stiff wire they have. For 60ish bucks they're a great backup. 🙂 

If you don't mind the backphones you probably won't mind then either!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A question for anyone using the Tony Eisenhower headphones on their D2;

Do they use the bone phone output like the GG Amphibians, or the wired headphone output?

I'm currently using the Gray Ghost Amphibian II's and love them, but because they use the bone phone output you're limited to square audio. Just wondering if the Eisenhower's used the regular wired phone output so you had your choice of PWM or Square? I was thinking it would be nice if the new update for the D2 added PWM to the bone phone output but I think that's probably unlikely.

• Like 1