Bob Scored The Silver, I Scored The Brass And An Unexpected Surprise

Those are some really nice finds.

• Thanks 1

What a great hunt Chase, we were just talking about the "thank you for coming" gift that fields often give up coming back to the vehicles to leave. 😀

Saw another irony like that in a Hoover Boys video today, they say that when you're not finding much, say "Where should we go next?", And that's when you start finding stuff where you are. 🤣

Really like the way you captured that button so it doesn't show the dent.

Awesome find! 👍 Thanks for coming down. And telling me where the silver was. 😀

This is an ever fascinating hobby.

• Like 5

Great job Chase! Those look great!! Glad you were a good sport, after inviting Bob over, for a "splash" of silver!! Wish I were as close as you for a hunt!!🍀👍👍

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Awesome find! 👍 Thanks for coming down. And telling me where the silver was. 😀

Thank you again for the invite, opportunity, friendship, and coffee.  It's been great vacuuming relics with you.

The silvers are fantastic but I really think that Half Cent is a gem.

Looking forward to some more late winter fun.  The weather has been amazing and is a big player in our success.

• Like 2

Another awesome hunt, Chase! The Dynamic Deus Duo is cleaning up, and congrats on the North Carolina button, Well done!

I found your PTA button, actually TPA, the Traveler's Protective Association.

https://www.tpahq.org/what-is-tpa/

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic finds you saved from the ground.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe because your hunting partner is jealous of your finds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Another awesome hunt, Chase! The Dynamic Deus Duo is cleaning up, and congrats on the North Carolina button, Well done!

I found your PTA button, actually TPA, the Traveler's Protective Association.

https://www.tpahq.org/what-is-tpa/

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the correction and looking that up, Cap.  I kind of tuned it out because it was more modern, and not silver. 🤣. But that’s interesting background and history of the org, founded in the 1880’s to benefit traveling salesmen and is a peek into the long history of the farm occupants.  Never heard of it before and now I know…fixed my post.  Thanks for the link!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

The Dynamic Deus Duo

🤣 

Pretty soon we'll be the Rappahannock Raiders... 🏴‍☠️ But that's a local team name.

Great research Cap'n. 👍 Sheds some light on what was happening at that farm. Chase found it digging near the kitchen cellar hole I think. Wouldn't have guessed a farmer was in that group.

Wish I could download the photo of their crest, it looks like a military division pin. Very cool find! I'll bet it dates way back.

• Like 1