Moving to a new area can be a challenge but it can also provide you with beginner's luck.  You are willing to try places where others have been or where others have not considered.

Treasure IS where you find it and some of it has a history.  You are on the right track.

There are lots of old places along A1A.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

There are lots of old places along A1A.

Yes mn,

As you know the area more than a bit, growing up around here, (Florida East Coast!)👍 Unfortunately, "progress" has taken it's toll along the old beach road!

At least here, compared to some counties to the South, Brevard County appears to have done their best to accommodate fair use by everyone, in their parks; thankfully!; and as it should be everywhere!!

One of these days, I may have to try getting some permissions for the best areas that are still here from the past!! That's an "art" in itself! In the meantime, as you said, moving to a new area, opens up new possibilities! That's always exciting!!👍👍

• Like 4

Nice finds and this summer will line your pockets with all kinds of items for you.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Unfortunately, "progress" has taken it's toll along the old beach road!

Yes, the A1A of my youth is long gone due to much development but little pockets remain.

I'd head North when time permits more than going South.

• Thanks 1

Great finds Joe! 👍

That ring looks pretty heavy. Your Merc is also in great shape. Glad to see ya back! Moving is always a busy time, and very exhausting. 😵 Looking forward to your future finds. 🙂

The 10x5 is just the ticket, there are lots of places you can stick it. 🤣

🥁 I'll be here all week... 😎

• Haha 1

Nice design on the ring. I like it. Great hunt.

• Thanks 1

OK, stop teasing me.  Does the 1939 Jeffie have a mintmark or not?  If you say "just a -D" I'm going to turn green with envy....

And the thing about finding some Spanish -- how often does that happen?  Even a period ship's spike, if authenticated (don't know how easy that is), would be a biggie for many of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1