GB,

I'll check the nickel when I get home, so you will have to be in suspense for a bit longer!!😂 But thanks for cluing me in on that, you coin expert you!!

As a bonus, I will snap a pick of one of my bronze spikes! You can authenticate it for me!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

OK, stop teasing me.  Does the 1939 Jeffie have a mintmark or not?  If you say "just a -D" I'm going to turn green with envy....

Here are the results: 

20230210_131629.jpg

20230210_131658.jpg

20230210_131722.jpg

20230210_132152.jpg

20230210_132059.jpg

• Like 6

I like that square nail or whatever it is. It looks like it could be brass.

• Like 1

Nice looking ring. We get those ship spikes up here but ours probably date in the 1800's. You guys go back a bit earlier and can have some gold or silver from them ships as well 😍. But that Mercury is what I am wondering about. Is that line that goes across her cheek raised up or is it a scratch? If it's raised up you have a coin that came from a pretty significant cracked die.

• Thanks 1

Congrats on finds!! Leave some in the ground for me when I get better! did I mention sidewalk metal detecting around here is illegal only I can do that.  😝 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Is that line that goes across her cheek raised up or is it a scratch? 

That's a scratch, where I believe, stupid me nailed it!!😵 And it was in awsome near uncirculated condition!!😔

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

That's a scratch, where, I believe, stupid me nailed it!!😵 And it was in awsome near uncirculated condition!!😔

And I'm outta likes today!😔

It almost looked raised up. That would have been a cool error coin if it was. Hey at least you didn't scratch a 1916 D 😲 We all scratch coins sometimes. It makes you very careful afterwards for quite a while 😄

• Like 1

That ring is a beauty - congrats! I also like the Merc. Haven't found one in that kind of condition in years. 😮

• Thanks 1

Too bad about no D ,

Silver always makes it a good hunt. 

A paid informant indicated the dime scratch was done by a rogue "night crawler" with a switchblade in a previous mugging attempt.

The investigation on that has been shelved because of a very recent report that the victim had been kidnapped and could no longer be found.......a credible witness stated the perp was carrying a strange beeping device,,,,the investigation has been taken over by the state alien abduction squad . Stay tuned for further developments.....

🖖

• Haha 1