Wm-08 Module With Equinox 900 ?

Steelheader

NO.

1 hour ago, Steelheader said:

I guess I will just keep my Equinox 800 then.  I use the module all the time with my earphones.

That little module is great, that's all I use with my own phones... just like yourself.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, unox said:

A big mistake in my eyes, they will probably offer a module at an extra price in the future.

Manticore have only "Bluetooth Low Energy Audio". If device allows you to connect third-party devices, then you can buy a receiver based on this technology. But there are no such devices on the market today.

Don't forget that adding WM08 compatibility would add to the detector price. Having a second set of wireless transmitter electronics for the Wi-Stream system is supposedly not needed, as the Bluetooth LE specification equals it, in terms of latency, anyway.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

Don't forget that adding WM08 compatibility would add to the detector price. Having a second set of wireless transmitter electronics for the Wi-Stream system is supposedly not needed, as the Bluetooth LE specification equals it, in terms of latency, anyway.

Pretty sure a 2nd WiStream radio doesn't appreciably affect price its just another chip and since WiStream is Minelab's proprietary wireless audio solution, no licensing fees like those required for APTX. 

Heck, they threw in a 6-inch coil I don't want or need to justify the 700 to 900 price delta (no 900 option that comes without that coil).  So pretty sure appropriately pricing the Nox 700/900 was not driving removing WiMax from the newer Nox.  I think they just decided to stop supporting it going forward. 

Anyway, if ML is indeed abandoing WiStream, would have preferred to have an LE based receiver to replace the WM08 lieu of the coil (or at least a option to purchase 

Problem is, for now, you're stuck with the ML phones with no 3rd party phones or receivers into which you can plug your own wired phones.  ML should produce or work with a third party to provide a compatible receiver for Nox 700/900, Manticore, and now, apparently, Xterra pro.

• Like 2

I know electronics is my area of expertise, but I've no idea how much the wireless chip, it's associated peripheral bits, and the cost of placing them on the board would cost. Then there's the extra PCB area - this costs too, and makes the machine bigger. Not forgetting the pile of software that the main brains has to run in order to control the WiStream link; remove that, and the designers have a load of free program memory, that could be used to add functionality to the detector.
  • Like 2

1.) WM-08/10/12 (Wi-Stream) from ML and Z-LYNK from Garrett and WireFree from Quest and other ... use same technology from TI "PurePath™ Wireless audio"  based on chip CC85**  

2.)  BT low energy ≠ BT low energy audio (LC3 codec) 

3.) Old Equinox for BT use Qualcomm CSR8675 with BT APTX LL and for "Wi-Stream" use TI CC8531

4.) New Equinox/Manticore/XTerra Pro use only Nordic nRF5340 (BT 5.3 LE and support LE Audio) 

Nordic nRF5340
Nordic nRF5340
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to Wm-08 Module With Equinox 900 ?