Parks Are A Different Beast Than Beaches

I think that .417 is 10K.  Really cool looking piece. Great find!

• Like 3

Yep, Schoolofhardnox is right. A 10k gold bracelet, you're a gold-finding detectorist now for sure. 👍 Congratulations! It's not engraved so you could put your name on it. 🤔

• Like 2

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yep, Schoolofhardnox is right. A 10k gold bracelet, you're a gold-finding detectorist now for sure. 👍 Congratulations! It's not engraved so you could put your name on it. 🤔

It's a baby bracelet so it wouldn't fit anywhere!
Still i'm surprised that I found this piece, it definitely took alot of effort to find due to all the trash. Though to be fair I found it in the field so it was more tolerable as there were less targets.
It also looks corroded in some places; mainly this one nub that looks like copper tarnishing. Also some parts of the chain looks like it was welded together and is also tarnishing? I could also be dirty cause I didn't clean it very well. The rest of the chain and center panel look fine though.

20230225_174018.jpg

• Like 3

41.7% gold, 58.3% something else like silver and/or copper.

Great find for sure.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

41.7% gold, 58.3% something else like silver and/or copper.

Great find for sure.

TBH the fact that I thought it was junk ruined the moment initially! But now i'm quite happy with the find! I went back to the same park today, but this time it only gave up a stainless steel ring that is way too big for my fingers. It's a Spikes stainless steel ring. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sirius said:

TBH the fact that I thought it was junk ruined the moment initially! But now i'm quite happy with the find! I went back to the same park today, but this time it only gave up a stainless steel ring that is way too big for my fingers. It's a Spikes stainless steel ring. 

Yeah, that's the other metals corroding and showing through. Still 41% gold tho 👍 damn good start.

Research your finds! Don't chuck anything until you do. Look for hallmarks, I couldn't find "L&S" other than it's a Birmingham England Hallmark.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yeah, that's the other metals corroding and showing through. Still 41% gold tho 👍 damn good start.

Research your finds! Don't chuck anything until you do. Look for hallmarks, I couldn't find "L&S" other than it's a Birmingham England Hallmark.

I couldn't find anything when googling L&S. got a site?

12 hours ago, Sirius said:

It also looks corroded in some places; mainly this one nub that looks like copper tarnishing. Also some parts of the chain looks like it was welded together and is also tarnishing? I could also be dirty cause I didn't clean it very well. The rest of the chain and center panel look fine though.

Get a tumbler if you don't have one already. It is great for cleaning all the clad you find plus for questionable jewelry. If it does not survive a tumble and shine right up then it goes in the junk box (let neighbor kids pick from) or into the garbage can. Your bracelet may just clean right up.

strick 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sirius said:

I couldn't find anything when googling L&S. got a site?

It was something I came across in looking, might have been in a PDF. Search for "gold makers mark L&S", or "gold hallmark L&S"

If you want to make sure you get a specific thing you would type:

gold makers mark "L&S"

Good luck. 🙂 

• Like 1