Doc's New Gold Monster 1000 Cover Kits With Hood (new Color Also)

Rob Allison

Hello All,

I told Doc I would toss up a post here about his new "Doc's Gold Monster 1000 Control Box Covers with hood (Olive Drab Green and Aussie Digital Camo colors).  The new Olive Green one is $56.95 and the Aussie Digital Camo is $59.95 + S/H.  The older style will be discontinued that was $54.95.  We still have them available and also bunded with all Gold Monster 1000 purchases.  These new Gold Monster covers have a removable Hood and the Hook/Latch are made of 3M material for superior strength. 

Here are the new pictures.  Doc always does a great job.  You can purchase them from Rob's Detectors, any dealer that sales Doc's Detecting Products or Doc's himself.  

Olive Drab Green - https://www.robsdetectors.com/docs-green-minelab-gold-monster-control-box-cover-kit/

Aussie Digital Camo - https://www.robsdetectors.com/docs-aussie-digital-camo-minelab-gold-monster-1000-cover-kit/

Rob

DigitalCamo1.jpg

NewGMCover1.jpg

• Like 4

I've had several customers ask why there is a wrap around the plastic support under the battery door.  

It's a very important feature that may save you hundreds of dollars!  

That's a pretty bold statement, right?

Minelab designed that upright support with a small molded clip that you are supposed to force the coil cable into.  That clip is so tight repeated insertion and removal will end up damaging the coil cable and you may end up having to buy a new coil.

Changing coils is something that can happen frequently with this machine because, as you know, it comes with two coils.  To eliminate this issue with the possibility of damaging your coil cable, and to make changing coils a much simpler process I designed a cord wrap to hold the coil cable so you do not have to force the cable into that plastic clip.

The cord wrap holds the coil cable securely and safely and takes about 5 seconds to secure the cable.  Additionally, the cord wrap has a hole in it.  So first you want to unscrew the battery cap retention wire and temporarily remove the retention wire from the battery cap.  Run both ends of the wire through the hole in the cord wrap and then re-attach the battery cap to the wire and tighten the wire together.  This insures you will not lose your cord wrap.  When you open the hook and loop closure on the cord wrap to secure the coil cable inside, the retention wire holds the cord wrap in place and attached to the detector without interfering with its main purpose of making sure you don't lose your battery cap.

As usual I came up with the cord wrap because in using my Gold Monster I noticed that forcing that coil cable into that plastic clip was marring the cable insulation.  The cord wrap was a simple, fast solution that can help avoid problems down the line.

Doc

• Like 6

That cover on the hand grip was the first thing that I questioned the need for when I saw it. In all honesty the 5" coil never comes of my GM. Even when dismantled for back packing I leave the coil cable attached & just velcro strap the shafts together & put in the pack as a nice wee bundle. No need to unclip the coil lead from that housing. I do have a control box cover though to protect it.

D4G  

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 7:44 PM, Mike C... said:

I have one of the old ones you made -why didnt you put the sun viser on it :wacko:

Mike, 

I'm almost 74, I have a hard time remembering how to get home at night and you think I can remember EVERYTHING?  I mean that's like asking Minelab when they came out with the lighter GPX6000, "Why didn't you guys think to make the GPX5000 lighter?"

Things evolve, and most times it's something I experience that prompts me to make an improvement.  In this case it was the darn sun bouncing off the screen when I used the Gold Monster.  I've never used a sunscreen on my detectors before but I have a cataract in my one eye, (already had cataract surgery on the other eye.) And the glare causes problems.  A lot of the time it is the customers who give me suggestions and constructive criticism.

I suppose I will have other folks who say, why did you put a sunscreen on there?  I don't need it.  Just like Dig4 Gold complained about not needing the HAND GRIP.  Which is a good thing because it's NOT A HAND GRIP!  It's a CORD WRAP.  He doesn't need it because he doesn't change coils.  But plenty of other people do change coils.  Perhaps he should inquire of Minelab why they included two coils with the Gold Monster when he only uses one.  Just like I suppose some people won't need a sunscreen because they only HUNT AT NIGHT, or they are BLIND.

It's all good guys, I do the best I can with what limited grey matter I have left. 😁

Doc

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You know what they say, Doc: you can please all the people some of the time and you can please some people all of the time, but you can’t please all the people all the time. 🙂

• Like 5

Hey Guys,

Overall, Doc's had brought some amazing products to us over the years.  One of the first was when Doc decided to build the Doc's Goldscreamer Power Pack System for the GPX series, as Coiltek decided to stop making the Coiltek Pocket Rocket.  The Doc's Goldscreamer Power Pack System for the SD, GP or GPX system has been a huge hit along with the stand along Goldscreamer Signal Enhancers for also the SD, GP or GPX series.  

Minelab discontinued the Dome top 6v 15ah battery years ago, but thousands of users still owned the SD and GP series detectors needing a replacement at some point.  Doc built the 6v 7ah and 6v 12ah Dome Top Aftermarket batteries, which we still sell a bunch of today.  

Now think of all the control box covers, cover kits, armrest covers, lower shafts 30.5 amd 34.5", Carbon Fiber Shafts, headphone adapters, slimline external speakers, knee pads, snake gaitors and much more.  

Now that Doc has the 3D Printer, no telling what he might design/build.  Thanks for always being a great manufacture, distributor and long time friend.  

Rob

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hi Doc. I wasn't complaining & I apologize if it came across that way. I know we all have different uses of our individual detectors & coils. Over time I have gravitated to just sticking with the 5" coil on my GM as I only use it for bed rock detecting & pin pointing when down in to a deeper dig with bigger detectors & coils. The GM isn't my main go to detector but usually always with me as it has its places where it is invaluable. It also gives me a more positive reading as to iron or non ferrous. I just thought out loud when I first saw the picture of that wrap around the hand grip & then read about it holding the coil cable as well. Reading further & seeing the explanation about the coil cable getting damaged by continual clipping & unclipping had never entered my mind as I don't change out the coil. I wasn't attacking you & you do a grand job with your covers & the wrap on the hand grip just adds another option for exactly as it was explained for those that have a need for it for that reason. Take care, stay safe. 

D4G 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Hi Doc. I wasn't complaining & I apologize if it came across that way. I know we all have different uses of our individual detectors & coils. Over time I have gravitated to just sticking with the 5" coil on my GM as I only use it for bed rock detecting & pin pointing when down in to a deeper dig with bigger detectors & coils. The GM isn't my main go to detector but usually always with me as it has its places where it is invaluable. It also gives me a more positive reading as to iron or non ferrous. I just thought out loud when I first saw the picture of that wrap around the hand grip & then read about it holding the coil cable as well. Reading further & seeing the explanation about the coil cable getting damaged by continual clipping & unclipping had never entered my mind as I don't change out the coil. I wasn't attacking you & you do a grand job with your covers & the wrap on the hand grip just adds another option for exactly as it was explained for those that have a need for it for that reason. Take, stay safe. 

D4G 

Dig4Gold,

I didn't take it that way at all.  No problem.  I'm not sensitive about things. I just like to be sarcastic every now and again.   Attacking me?  HA!  I've been married 53 years. I know what attacking looks like.  You were just sharing your experience and how you use the cover.  Some people don't use the arm cuff cover, although for the life of me I don't know why they would not use it.  I'm just happy that people buy my products and find them useful.

-Doc

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Doc, purchased stuff you have made off your site and off Rob's site, sure appreciate you creating the things you come up with.

• Like 1