Coiltek Now Selling From Their Own Website?

Hey Guys,

It was brought to my attention that Coiltek is now direct selling against their own dealers in Australia.  A customer asked if it effected the US market, but I told him I didn't even know they were doing such.  Curious how it has affected the dealers in Australia, if any?  

I'm always curious when someone like Minelab will direct sale against their own dealers here in the US?  I would think with all the hundreds of dealers/distributors here in the US that advertise on their own, have their own websites that drive sales, they wouldn't eliminate dealers/distributors, but could decide to just sell themselves.  

I hate to see this, but I guess business is business :mellow:  I always like the business structure of Manufactures and even their Distributors to not direct sell against their dealers, but for some products that is not the case here in the US either.  

Fingers crossed for all us dealers/distributors here in the good ole' USA.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

seems like a strange 'about face' considering they've never had the need to do this before. Manufacturing businesses are supposed to encourage their dealers, not compete with them?

• Like 1

Try add one to a cart, it auto picks up your location and sets shipping accordingly, they ship to NZ, reasonable price for shipping too.

They're using USD so it looks to me like the USA is included.  Looks like I'll buy my next coils direct, it's a pain with the local dealer as with little demand they carry next to no stock of anything meaning they just order it in on your behalf, may as well do it myself.

Minelab are trialing the same in a European or African country with their detectors, can't remember where. 

It's the way of the future by the looks of it, many are starting to do it, can sell cheaper without the middle man, or in many cases middle men, goes from manufacturer to distributor or wholesaler, then onto dealers, two extra businesses taking a slice of the pie and the shipping costs between each of the businesses.

• Like 4

They are selling coils as retail to the US as well, and have both a buy and cart option with direct shipping from AU on their website. But they also have a find a dealer link on the same page.

3 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

They are selling coils as retail to the US as well, and have both a buy and cart option with direct shipping from AU on their website. But they also have a find a dealer link on the same page.

How do prices compare to locally? I just checked and it's cheaper to buy locally than from their website from here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

How do prices compare to locally? I just checked and it's cheaper to buy locally than from their website from here.

Well for example, the 9” Goldhawk is $443 + $35 shipping from Coiltek AU, and in the US, nice dealers we know 😉 are selling it for $425 with free shipping.

• Like 3

I guess the good part is it opens up the coils to people in markets where they're not easily available.

Hey Phrunt,

You have a good point, there has been a lot of regions where potential customers want to buy products, but their country don't even have a dealer/distributor and under a dealer contract, we can't ship outside the USA?  I can see where this does benefit the end user.  

However, if that is the case, why not just open the dealers to allow them to ship anywhere in the World?  Give us the opportunity to make that sale rather than the manufacture direct?  I understand the local dealer in the area don't want to allow outside dealers to sell in their region, but potentially now they are selling against their Manufacture, what is the difference?

Interesting if anything ... 

Rob

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1